Video - How to Totally Destroy a New Monaco Coach

1 hour ago, Ray Davis said:

Today I see where Lippert has bought Girard.    Bah hum bug here we go again.

At this point, what doesn’t Lippert own? I will give it to them, though, their customer service is second to none. They bent over backwards to help me figure out the issue with our steps.

I haven’t seen customer service like that in years, much less from a company that has actually has a call center in the U.S.A.

9 minutes ago, FLynes said:

At this point, what doesn’t Lippert own? I will give it to them, though, their customer service is second to none. They bent over backwards to help me figure out the issue with our steps.

I haven’t seen customer service like that in years, much less from a company that has actually has a call center in the U.S.A.

If I had any RV supply, dealership anything, I’d sell out now too. Market is strong…..at the moment. 

17 hours ago, JDCrow said:

If I had any RV supply, dealership anything, I’d sell out now too. Market is strong…..at the moment. 

The Dow is down 5,400 points from last year. Interest rates are 3 points higher. It’s not going to get better any time soon. I was discussing this with a friend the other day, and we both agreed that the economy is going to mirror combination of ‘78 and ‘08.

In Idaho, there are gas station owners who are contemplating limits on purchases, because people are stocking up, which doesn’t make much sense to me, considering the quality of today’s fuel and its shelf life.

18 minutes ago, FLynes said:

The Dow is down 5,400 points from last year. Interest rates are 3 points higher. It’s not going to get better any time soon. I was discussing this with a friend the other day, and we both agreed that the economy is going to mirror combination of ‘78 and ‘08.

In Idaho, there are gas station owners who are contemplating limits on purchases, because people are stocking up, which doesn’t make much sense to me, considering the quality of today’s fuel and its shelf life.

Yep, and the RV market is still a bit high, so like I said, like Girard, if you make, sell, etc anything RV, I’d sell before it slides further. RV  prices are already on the decline. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I can't believe stuff like that happens. It's sad and I do hope nobody was hurt, but obviously the guy was going at speed. At just over 9ft, I would think he would have had to duck when he saw that beam coming toward his skull. Based on the damage, you can see how low it struck the coach. 

On one hand, I try to be sympathetic, but on the other hand, there's the old saying: "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough." And I always add to the phrase, "Some of us get tougher everyday."

Everyone should take some kind of course. You don't go from driving a pickup truck or a Prius to driving a 40+ft, 40,000 pound torpedo. 

I just can't get past how fast he must have been going. 

• Like 1

https://www.rvschool.com/

Oldest RV driving school in the USA.  Lots of locations.  Many Instructors will come to you, or meet you half way for an additional fee.  Many are full time and will stop/route somewhere on the way to do a lesson.  They will be at FMCA Perry, GA in 2023 and offer lessons there too.  Lots of options if you ask. 

Disclaimer:  I have been a Driver Trainer with the school for ten years.  Met lots of great folks and have put lots of Grandmas SAFELY on the road.  Women almost always do better because they listen. 👩‍🎓

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2022 at 9:50 AM, Twomed said:

https://www.rvschool.com/

Oldest RV driving school in the USA.  Lots of locations.  Many Instructors will come to you, or meet you half way for an additional fee.  Many are full time and will stop/route somewhere on the way to do a lesson.  They will be at FMCA Perry, GA in 2023 and offer lessons there too.  Lots of options if you ask. 

Disclaimer:  I have been a Driver Trainer with the school for ten years.  Met lots of great folks and have put lots of Grandmas SAFELY on the road.  Women almost always do better because they listen. 👩‍🎓

Okay, you had me till that last line. LMAO

• Haha 2