Dynasty side window replacement

I have a broken side window (third window in the vernacular) and I’m curious if anyone has experience with this situation. Replacement with a brand new window which must be fabricated from scratch, I’m told is $1600 including labor. 
Does installing a salvage piece make any sense? Thank you all. 

Brouck Sleight

2002 Dynasty

2019 Ford Edge ST

I had one of my side windows break, not sure how but since they were double paned only the outside broke. I researched it as you are and found any competent glass company can replace them. Only issue I had was the window was bronze and most companies like Safelite only carry grey or smoke. I laughed at the insurance company (I'm no longer insured with them) because they said they wouldn't pay unless I used one of their companies. I told them it would be like putting a green door on a red car. The window color MUST match. I found a local company that replaced it with bronze and it was $600 for the window  including installation. After getting past the adjuster to a supervisor's supervisor, they paid in full and waived the deductible..There is nothing fancy about the side windows other than double paned. Any glass company can help you.....Hope this helps...Dennis

Edited by Dennis H

I had to replace the window in the door of my Dynasty due to fogging.  I took it to my local auto glass company.  They removed the frame with the window, and put heavy plastic in place temporarily.  They then removed the glass, and used it as a template to cut the new glass.  This was dual pane window.  After the cut the two panes of glass, the had to send the panes to Denver to get them tempered.  They didn't have the ability to temper glass.  That took the longest, about a week to get the panes back from Denver.  Then they installed the new panes of glass in the frame and that back in the door.  I think the total cost was less than $300.  If you live somewhere they temper cut glass, the time would be much less.  Bottom Line: Don't overlook a good auto glass company.

Guest Cruzbill

Had to replace the passenger side slider window on our '05 Beaver, its the big window behind the couch. Some kid didn't have anything to do so he used his slingshot to shoot a 3/4" marble into the window, all while the coach was stored at a 'secure' storage facility. ( I found the marble inside the coach) No, the storage facilities' cameras did not catch the guy in the act. Anyway, its a dual pane window, 60" long x 30" height, if I remember. Insurance paid for all (Nationwide)  under our glass policy. The shop ordered the window, took a few weeks for it to arrive.  The whole window was completely crazed, so I covered it inside and out with blue tape to prevent it from crumbling inside the coach. Had to stop once to add more blue tape on the 60 mile drive from home to the shop. New window, can't tell it was replaced. This was 2 years ago, might check with Atwood again. 

Depending on where you are, I would give these guys a call:

Suncoast Designers, 

They can make or repair any of the double pane windows in your coach and they are the only ones that offer a real warranty on them not fogging. There prices are very reasonable and they have space with hookups for staying overnight .
They did 2 on my windows a couple years back and I have been recommending them to everyone since. One window had an etched glass so they made a new one overnight and installed it the next morning.

I took my fogged door window to a local glass shop and they replaced w new glass cut for about $130.  Have you checked a local glass shop?

On 4/24/2020 at 3:44 PM, bhsl8 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Apparently the window is an Atwood and they are no longer produced. 
Has anyone replaced a window with salvage  parts?

Brouck Sleight

2002 Dynasty

2019 Ford Edge ST

I live in the uk and had the drivers side window removed and all 3 pieces of glass re glazed (dual pane) for UK £150 plus the cost of removing And replacing the window. The company I used was a speciality glass company.

Not sure where your located If you are in South Florida I have used  Darren Thomas Glass in Sebring ,Fl. Excellent work. Just had my windshield installed there. Doing side windows next.

They travel most of Florida. Check out there web site for One time fix for foggy windows. www.neverfogrvwindow.com