Co-Pilot seat

Larry, I assume you already checked under the seat to make sure the wire plug-in connector was still together.  As to the fuse, have you had a look at the front run electrical distribution box?  Sometimes these are labeled, sometimes not.  If not, you will need to get your hands on a wiring diagram.  Northwest RV Supply in Oregon had one for my  (Monaco) Beaver which is quite extensive, but pricey.  Someone here or on the 'other' forum will probably have a diagram of the front run box for your coach.

Edited by Sandy Swede

15 hours ago, stillrunning_60@hotmail.com said:

On my 2002 Monaco 36 PBD Windsor the Co-Pilot seat has no power to any movements. Have no ideal where a fuse maybe located.

Any tips, tricks and or advice is appreciated.  

Larry

If you have a dog be sure and check the wiring and plug under the seat. When we first introduced our new pup to the motorhome there were occasions when he wanted to chew those wires and the connector. Also if you often move the chair to face the living area the plug could be loose or a wire broken.

Larry.  Yes there are fuses?  I have a 02 Diplomat and it is located in the basement compartment under the driver seat. I can't remember if it was in the large (12" x 18") fuse box or one of two smaller fuse boxes under the large fuse box. Use a bright flashlight and maybe a magnifying glass to read the small print in the smaller fuse boxes.  Or use a test light that connects to a ground and has a sharp point to touch the two contacts on each auto type fuse to see if the fuse is good.  Keep looking it is there.  Ken Parsons

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I did check under drivers side electrical box and found 2 relays labeled drivers sear and passenger seat and exchanged them but passenger seat is still only an occasional click. We do turn the seat around alot when parked and I beginning to believe that maybe the problem. I may later on remove the seat and check all the wires. Thanks again.

Larry

I have had trouble with mine.  There is a self resetting circuit breaker for each seat in the fuse panel under the driver on my 06 Dip.  The CB was not resetting.  I switched to a fuse which worked until the fuse went.  Seems like if the switch is held just a little to long raising or lowering the foot rest the fuse blows.  I'm not sure if it is a motor issue or a wiring issue. 

Moral of this story check to see if the CB is resetting

Jeff

They use auto re-setting circuit breakers instead of fuses for exactly what you discovered by replacing the circuit breaker with a fuse. The circuit is designed  for a circuit breaker to eliminate having to replace  fuses all of the time when the DC motor reaches the end of its travel when moving the seat.

Edited by Dr4Film

2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

They use auto re-setting circuit breakers instead of fuses for exactly what you discovered by replacing the circuit breaker with a fuse. The circuit is designed  for a circuit breaker to eliminate having to replace  fuses all of the time when the DC motor reaches the end of its travel when moving the seat.

No Doubt.  I am just suggesting the CB may not be resetting which is what happened to me.  Testing the CB or replacing it with a fuse temporarily will eliminate that as an issue or solve the problem.

Edited by Jeff H

Fixed the same problem on our 05 Dip. Wiring harness under the seat was getting bound up from rotating the seat. Cleaned the connections then re-ran wire for a little more flex

This happened to me on my 2007 Knight. Very frustrating. It ended up being  a bad crimp on 1 of the wires going to the connection under the seat. I recrimped the connection to the wire and it solved the problem.  You'll have to disconnect the connector plug in order to re crimp the wire. Hope this helps.