2009 Monaco Dynasty pull down sun shade driver's side

Is this the small shade over the door and side window, or the large one over the windshield?

I replaced the small pull down shade over the door with a pull down shade from Lowes.  They will custom cut it to the correct width.  

I replaced the large motorized shade over the passenger side windshield with a Carefree shade.  Carefree does not sell replacement parts for the older models.  

I just had my shade break and thought the same thing.  Make sure to check your spring before assuming it is broke.  I had to take mine completely apart and adjust a plastic piece on the inside of the roller.  It takes a little patience to take apart.

I had originally pulled mine down too far, and it wouldn't retract.  It works like new again.

What kind of shade is it? 

Do you have the MCD set up with a power night time shade and a manual sun shade?  If so, the MCD internal spring is no longer available.   

I tried to repair mine and my repair failed. 

MCD will sell you the whole assembly.   I was quoted $550 last March.   

Guest Ray Davis

My 03 Windsor didn't have a shade on the drivers side window but when we were in Lowes shopping for blinds I spotted a shade made of black mesh, I can see through   it but it blocks the sun.  I didn't go in thinking about a shade for the RV but my little old pea brain started working so I bought one, rigged up some brackets and Wala     I have shade.  It's a poor mans shade but I love it.  It's practally fool proof and cheap.