Tyron Bands in tires

Any one  have experience with the Tyron Bands in front tires? I just had these installed on my 2008 Monaco Diplomat. 
$890 for the bands at Buddy Greg motor homes here in Knoxville, $95 for installation at David’s tire on Rutledge Pike.

runnning new Michelins but always concerned about a blowout, hopefully these will help if that ever happens.

In my opinion the peace of mind makes the investment worth it. Your price and installation cost are similar to my own. My only suggestion, since the wheels and tires are removed for installation, would be checking the wheel alignment and balance once you get back on the road. See if you can feel any drift once you get rolling or when braking. 

Yes, peace of mind knowing I’m doing all I can , safety for the grand babies that ride sometimes.

They did balance the tires , I drove about 20 miles on interstate at different speeds    No vibration ,all smooth

Holy Cow! How did you get such a GREAT deal with only $890 for a set of Tyron Bands for 22.5 wheels when they are close to $2500 installed at their shop in Florida?

You should consider purchasing the Spider Emergency Kit to carry with you in case you have a front tire problem, and the bands need to be removed on the side of the road.

Multiband (tyron-usa.com)

Installation (tyron-usa.com)

Tyron Spider Kit.jpg

• Like 1

I have read several post about  higher prices , lazy days wanted $1500.

Buddy Greg motor homes , Kevin in Parts is where I purchased and then took to the tire shop . The kit came with a socket but not the spider .

9 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Holy Cow! How did you get such a GREAT deal with only $890 for a set of Tyron Bands for 22.5 wheels when they are close to $2500 installed at their shop in Florida?

You should consider purchasing the Spider Emergency Kit to carry with you in case you have a front tire problem, and the bands need to be removed on the side of the road.

Multiband (tyron-usa.com)

Installation (tyron-usa.com)

Tyron Spider Kit.jpg

Yeeeeeeooooouuuuccchhhh.  Double jealous.  I bought mine under the counter and LD put them in…2010.  Still close to $2,000.

A BARGAIN.

Richard is spot on.  Buy the kit.  I actually worked side by side with the Tire guy, TWICE… And did the torquing and the positioning and install using a kit.  The older one.  The newer one is head and shoulders better.

FWIW.  BE PERSISTENT.  LD did a sloppy job. The bands have plastic bumpers or spacers.  Double whack or seat each spacer with a rubber mallet.  LD either didn’t or didn’t torque right.  So the bands creeped or crawled to the outer edge of the well.  They MUST be centered for 100% Operation.  I fussed and fumed and LD IGNORED me and refused to refund $320 when I put on a new set of tires in 2012.  Maybe had 12 K on the bands.  I put on steers in 2018 with maybe 40K on the tires.  The bands were perfectly centered and tight.  So, my technique and OCD worked.

Final note.  When you order the kit, buy TWO NEW “fastener clamp kits”.  Do not EVER do a “reinstall” with the old hardware.  As time goes on, order two sets of bumpers.  I swapped out mine on the second install.  So new bumpers and new hardware. Only the band was reused.  Some carry those as spares.

Never needed them.  But know that they are properly installed.

NOW…. I ASSUME you will be installing a TPMS.  THAT is a higher priority than the Bands.  Many brands.  I’m one of the originals here dating back to April, 2009.  PressurePro was developed and our founder, the “Colonel” worked with them.  So, I am prejudiced.  I upgraded to their current monitor and it has been a blessing…found little slow “high pressure” leaks twice that could have been ugly.  Even with a rear going, you can have a Thousand $$ collateral damage bill.  Count on that…

Good Luck.

• Like 1

Hubert,

Ray Murley @rtmurley has experienced a blowout with Tyron bands. His story is one of the things that prompted me to get them immediately after my first Monacoers Gathering. Here’s a link to his comments…

You got a great deal on those bands. Ditto on buying the spider kit.

FWIW, I strongly recommend getting a TPMS. Saved my bacon more than once. There’s an entire thread - everyone has different preferences for different reasons (search site for “TPMS”). The main thing is to get one and start using it!

• Like 1

I’m looking at the tire minder i10 or the eez system  I like what I see about the tire minder although it  does have a transmitter to install at the rear of the coach, which would be no problem for me , I do most of my own work.

anyone have experience with  either one of these of these ?

That would NOT be my first choice since there are numerous used ones for sale on iRV2.com. Must be a reason for dumping them.

I had used the Tire SafeGuard for 10 years, but they recently folded the company, so they are now obsolete.

I went with the Pressure Pro Pulse for my recently purchased Dynasty. Great TPMS plus it interfaces with the SilverLeaf VMSpc system.

I’ve used the TireMinder Smart TPMS (I use a dedicated, previously unused iPad Mini for the monitor) for about 5 years and have been very happy with it. Their tech support is awesome. Very responsive and helped me quickly resolve an issue where I installed the repeater in a poor location.  Once my mistake was corrected🤦🏻‍♂️, virtually no false alarms, but it has warned me of a leak, low inflation, and a wheel getting hot on the toad.

That said, I don’t have experience with the newer i10 model. 

Historically, Pressure Pro and TST have been very popular with Monacoers.

I have no information on the EEZ, good or bad.

You got a very good deal, almost.

BUT, I need to make sure all the members on this Group/Forum Understand that if you are purchasing a set of TYRON BANDS that are very cheap from any source, you should verify that they are a Certified TYRON BAND DEALER and INSTALLER, If the bands are purchased from a non-certified Dealer and not installed by that Dealer the TYRON BAND Warranty/Support is VOID.

To verify that the company selling and installing the bands is certified, call TYRON USA "813-620-0364" and ask for Chuck Thatcher and he can verify whether a company is certified or not. TYRON USA pulled Buddy Gregg Certification several years ago and Buddy Gregg is not a certified dealer any longer. They have been selling their old stock of bands at discount prices to get them out of his stock.

Call TYRON USA to order the emergency kit.

45 minutes ago, David Pratt said:

You got a very good deal, almost.

BUT, I need to make sure all the members on this Group/Forum Understand that if you are purchasing a set of TYRON BANDS that are very cheap from any source, you should verify that they are a Certified TYRON BAND DEALER and INSTALLER, If the bands are purchased from a non-certified Dealer and not installed by that Dealer the TYRON BAND Warranty/Support is VOID.

To verify that the company selling and installing the bands is certified, call TYRON USA "813-620-0364" and ask for Chuck Thatcher and he can verify whether a company is certified or not. TYRON USA pulled Buddy Gregg Certification several years ago and Buddy Gregg is not a certified dealer any longer. They have been selling their old stock of bands at discount prices to get them out of his stock.

Call TYRON USA to order the emergency kit.

Yes….fuzzy memory also says there was a “revision” or change in design….so check on that also.  Order the spare hardware kits from Tyron also.  The bolt is special and the length and head style is something that no large fastener distributor has or can get.  Lock nut, yes…bolt no.  I think each band has a plate with the model and Rev level.  Check that out.

23 hours ago, Hubert wells said:

I’m looking at the tire minder i10 or the eez system  I like what I see about the tire minder although it  does have a transmitter to install at the rear of the coach, which would be no problem for me , I do most of my own work.

anyone have experience with  either one of these of these ?

I have used the EEZ system since we bought the coach in 2014. Has averted potentially dangerous situations in plenary of time to get off the road and lets things cool off until back in parameters. Has happened only on Texas hot days in blazing sun. Park, have lunch and enjoy the rest of your day. W/o TPMS it’s hard to guess the outcome.

Roger 2006 Endeavor PDQ