HWH slide bracket snapped off

While bringing the slide in we heard loud noise and 1 side of the slide stayed out about 6".

Looking behind the slide panel I noticed that a bracket had the screws popped out and the bracket was not against the slide and about 2-3" below where the screw holes are on the slide. The bracket is not loose where I can just move it and screw it back in. What is the best way to get the bracket back up so I can screw it back in?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Dave

1.jpg

2.jpg

3a.jpg

2 hours ago, IEMan 1 said:

While bringing the slide in we heard loud noise and 1 side of the slide stayed out about 6".

Looking behind the slide panel I noticed that a bracket had the screws popped out and the bracket was not against the slide and about 2-3" below where the screw holes are on the slide. The bracket is not loose where I can just move it and screw it back in. What is the best way to get the bracket back up so I can screw it back in?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Dave

1.jpg

2.jpg

3a.jpg

Is a Manual for that slide on the web? Or maybe on the HWH site?

3 hours ago, IEMan 1 said:

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Dave

1.jpg

2.jpg

3a.jpg

Dave - Your coach has 4 slides like mine.  Which slide is the problem?  From the picture, yes the attachment bolts pulled out but I'm having a hard time from the pictures trying to figure out which slide is the problem.  I looked at our files but unfortunately, your model number AP27707 doesn't show up as a specific reference.  Here is a link to the HWH slide information documents we have in the file downloads.

4 hours ago, Frank McElroy said:

Dave - Your coach has 4 slides like mine.  Which slide is the problem?  From the picture, yes the attachment bolts pulled out but I'm having a hard time from the pictures trying to figure out which slide is the problem.  I looked at our files but unfortunately, your model number AP27707 doesn't show up as a specific reference.  Here is a link to the HWH slide information documents we have in the file downloads.

Follow Frank’s lead.  While I have a Lippert, and it is hydraulic, I’ve had a “similar” event.  Mine not, seemingly, as bad as the slide bracket coming loose, but it ripped off my umbilical bracket and warped, until I had it “unwarned” the lower edge of the outside slide frame. 

I called the senior tech at my HR dealer whom did all the first visit warranty work.  He gave me a plan.  First. Do No Harm.  If you figure out how, probably, to extend the slide, you CAN get “2 men & a boy” to pull on the damaged side to get it out….but you bump and go slow to keep it “square” or both ends coming out normally as not get it “crooked” or in a bind.  I have done that several times on my big slide when the hydraulic motor was failing, but we had to keep traveling to meet some family schedules…so it works.  Just don’t let the good side get ahead.  The slide, if there was no hydraulic pressure or “fluid resistance” can be pulled or pushed in by a few strong folks.

Then, the next issue is to release the hydraulic pressure so you can realign the mating parts and reattach and/or do a good repair.

His sage advice.  Monaco sometimes “goofed” on cutout or clearances.  My issue was the lower “shield” under the slide.  The clearance cutout was off or the umbilical bracket was in the wrong place.  It was obvious when I started my repair and I moved it and also did some more clearance work.  He told me to identify the clearance issue and to be “generous, not stupid and do whatever it took to get GOOD clearance.

Once you get the bracket reattached or even now, make sure it was a fastener failure and not a “needs a little work” too close clearance.

Wish I was of more help, but that is what the expert told me and coached me.  Good Luck.

5 hours ago, Paul A. said:

Is a Manual for that slide on the web? Or maybe on the HWH site?

Hi Paul,

All I was able to find was a 1 page PDF of the mechanism itself.

HWH Kitchen Slide AP27707.pdf

4 hours ago, Frank McElroy said:

Thanks Frank.

It is the sofa-kitchen, front passenger slide.

22 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

Follow Frank’s lead.  While I have a Lippert, and it is hydraulic, I’ve had a “similar” event.  Mine not, seemingly, as bad as the slide bracket coming loose, but it ripped off my umbilical bracket and warped, until I had it “unwarned” the lower edge of the outside slide frame. 

I called the senior tech at my HR dealer whom did all the first visit warranty work.  He gave me a plan.  First. Do No Harm.  If you figure out how, probably, to extend the slide, you CAN get “2 men & a boy” to pull on the damaged side to get it out….but you bump and go slow to keep it “square” or both ends coming out normally as not get it “crooked” or in a bind.  I have done that several times on my big slide when the hydraulic motor was failing, but we had to keep traveling to meet some family schedules…so it works.  Just don’t let the good side get ahead.  The slide, if there was no hydraulic pressure or “fluid resistance” can be pulled or pushed in by a few strong folks.

Then, the next issue is to release the hydraulic pressure so you can realign the mating parts and reattach and/or do a good repair.

His sage advice.  Monaco sometimes “goofed” on cutout or clearances.  My issue was the lower “shield” under the slide.  The clearance cutout was off or the umbilical bracket was in the wrong place.  It was obvious when I started my repair and I moved it and also did some more clearance work.  He told me to identify the clearance issue and to be “generous, not stupid and do whatever it took to get GOOD clearance.

Once you get the bracket reattached or even now, make sure it was a fastener failure and not a “needs a little work” too close clearance.

Wish I was of more help, but that is what the expert told me and coached me.  Good Luck.

Thanks Tom

I ended up pulling the mechanism to replace the chain on the rear end of the same slide. I had to call in a friend because once it was all loose I could not lift it myself. It scratched the paint on the side of the slide, but that was not an issue as it was scheduled to go in for paint anyway. I had to remove the panel over the fridge to get it out too.

See how much clearance you can make by removing wood trim. I think I even removed a cabinet under the countertop to get in there.

if the fasteners have pulled out, drill new holes so that the new fasteners are going into new wall.

I bought the chain from Paul Maddox/HWH.

It was a tough job. Best of luck with it!

Paul