Good Cummins shop in Tampa, FL area

I purchased first of the year, a 06 Dynasty with an ISL400 Cummins.  Did full maintenance right after purchase.  Just finished our first long trip with her, doing 2800 miles round trip to Oshkosh, WI from Tampa,  FL.  I didn't seem to have a power issue, but I would never report over a 50% load and I am getting good boost pressure.  I feel I need to find a good Cummins service center to put the computer on her and go for a test ride.

Ideas would be helpful, but I am really looking for a recommendation for a Cummins shop close to Tampa, FL.

Thanks,

John

NEVER use Cummings power south in Tampa.        Erased all of the codes in my ecm and then told me it was an Allison transmission problem.      $1400. At other shops to prove it.   

take it to Cummings power south in Orlando.    And ask for victor to work on it.       Or take to Cummings freightliner in Haynes city 

33 minutes ago, Mike T Phillips said:

NEVER use Cummings power south in Tampa.        Erased all of the codes in my ecm and then told me it was an Allison transmission problem.      $1400. At other shops to prove it.   

take it to Cummings power south in Orlando.    And ask for victor to work on it.       Or take to Cummings freightliner in Haynes city 

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your input.  I completely understand it is all about the guys doing the work.

Best, John

John, I’ve used Cummins in Ocala. John the service mgr is top shelf as is the service and experience. We live in Ft Myers beach and they’re definitely worth the drive. They also have free overnight parking with hookups for their customers. 
Mark

8 hours ago, Mike T Phillips said:

I have also used the Cummings power south in Ocala they were good also 

Authorized Cummins shop in Orlando did a complete ECM Replacement for a buddy and the mobile tech was great.  Frank McElroy provided a copy of the complete Monaco parameters for the ECM, which only had the Cummins emissions info.  I talked to tech and then Frank later.  The rig runs flawlessly and my buddy was totally satisfied.

16 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

Authorized Cummins shop in Orlando did a complete ECM Replacement for a buddy and the mobile tech was great.  Frank McElroy provided a copy of the complete Monaco parameters for the ECM, which only had the Cummins emissions info.  I talked to tech and then Frank later.  The rig runs flawlessly and my buddy was totally satisfied.

Tom - I remember that. 

My advice to folks is that the next time a shop (either Cummins or any other shop using the Cummins Insite software) connects up to their engine computer, ask for a hard copy of the engine ECM parameter list.  That way, should the Engine ECM ever fail, you'll have the information to program the replacement computer with the configuration that may have been customized to specific options on their coach.

Besides the engine parameter list, on most electronic engines you can get a 50+ page report on the engine.  This will show things like how the coach was driven since birth - fuel economy, use of service and engine brakes, load vs idle time, did it ever overheat and how bad, how did the last ten regeneration cycles on the DPF perform (all normal or not), the engine abuse history report and much much more.  This is a must have when buying a used coach.

If you want to compare how you are driving the coach vs the previous owner, ask to have the engine ECM trip function reset.  Then the next time you have the service center generate a report it will show how you are driving the coach.