Need Allison transmission repair in El Paso or Las Cruses

Anyone know of a reliable Allison repair shop in El Paso or Las Cruses?

Appears that my 3000 sump pan gasket is leaking about 1 qt/hour. It's all on my TOWED now.  😒

I found a number of authorized facilities in both cities but lots of bad reviews too.

Thanks!

Gary K,  2006 Windsor

32 minutes ago, vito.a said:

Are you sure it's coming from the pan?  Ours was leaking, but it was the lube hose that goes to the hydraulic pump on the passenger side.  The hose had rubbed through.  

Not a hose. I can see the area on the bottom of the case that is the source. Cleaned it up and then checked some miles later. 90% sure it is a seal. Thanks.

Gary K

18 minutes ago, Ashton said:

There is no pan, But a valve body assy. got my gasket from Border international on motel rd. Las Cruces  Check your oil filter plates possible O Rings. Good luck.

I'd be interested in more info as to why you replaced the gasket. Did it begin to leak? How bad? etc.

It's not the O rings.

I did speak with Boarder but the one Allison mechanic is out sick and booked 3 weeks out. They also have many bad reviews.

I'm staying in Ruidoso for a few months so not time critical.

Thanks.

Gary K

Guest Ray Davis

That's quite a bit to seep from a gasket.  How have you determined where the leak is?

My 03 Windsor developed a leak from the Hydraulic pump.  It's about level with the starter but towards the back of the coach.   It has 4 long bolts that hold it all together, one was stipped allowing quite a leak.   To get by I bought a bundle of towels and placed one to catch the oil then I would throw it away and add a new one.      After getting home I contacted http://www.nwrvsupply.com/.  The lady there was so helpful, I can't say enough good things.  Anyway she found me a new pump and believe it or not for close to half the price of a used one.  I tried to get my old one rebuilt but after it laid at the hydraulic shop for weeks I decided I should pick it up before it disappeared.  They said the man that does small jobs drinks a lot and comes in when he feels like it.   I guess that's where we are today.

So that is an area that can leak fluid too and mine is red, same as transmission fluid

If it is infact the transmission gasket, replacing should be pretty simple.  Just about anyone could do it even me.  

52 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

That's quite a bit to seep from a gasket.  How have you determined where the leak is?

My 03 Windsor developed a leak from the Hydraulic pump.  It's about level with the starter but towards the back of the coach.   It has 4 long bolts that hold it all together, one was stipped allowing quite a leak.   To get by I bought a bundle of towels and placed one to catch the oil then I would throw it away and add a new one.      After getting home I contacted http://www.nwrvsupply.com/.  The lady there was so helpful, I can't say enough good things.  Anyway she found me a new pump and believe it or not for close to half the price of a used one.  I tried to get my old one rebuilt but after it laid at the hydraulic shop for weeks I decided I should pick it up before it disappeared.  They said the man that does small jobs drinks a lot and comes in when he feels like it.   I guess that's where we are today.

So that is an area that can leak fluid too and mine is red, same as transmission fluid

If it is infact the transmission gasket, replacing should be pretty simple.  Just about anyone could do it even me.  

My error on leakage rate. It's 1 qt/5 hours.

Gary K