Bill's 94 Dynasty

3 minutes ago, Robert U said:

I am quite familiar with Bill's coach. A gentleman from the Marietta Ga area bought the coach. If it has a Georgia tag on it then it might be his old coach. The paint scheme on his coach is pretty much standard for a 94 Monaco .

Bob U

Ok, then snap a pic. When I saw it, I knew I’d seen a pic before. I guess not too many 94 still on the road. 

Guest Ray Davis

Yep that looks a lot like Bill's coach.    I see what looks like mirrors with covers on them but there are 3 right there on the drivers side.  Don't recall seeing 3 before.

I like those older Monacos of course some people say I'm older, it's not trune though.  It's all in your attitude.  LOL  I keep telling myself

19 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Yep that looks a lot like Bill's coach.    I see what looks like mirrors with covers on them but there are 3 right there on the drivers side.  Don't recall seeing 3 before.

I like those older Monacos of course some people say I'm older, it's not trune though.  It's all in your attitude.  LOL  I keep telling myself

The cover on the drivers mirror is a “katch Kooler”. It’s a fishing bag that we Kokanee fishermen use to keep our fish cool while fishing 

5505F831-E0E7-4649-B90C-A7D4E806C45F.jpeg

8812170D-D393-4652-A8D8-8E02BE611D73.jpeg

Edited by JDCrow
Spelling

Guest Ray Davis

56 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

The cover on the drivers mirror is a “katch Kooler”. It’s a fishing bag that we Kokanee fishermen use to keep our fish cool while fishing 

I'm still learning.  BTW,  You post some of the best pictures ever, makes me want to go fishing.

1 minute ago, Ray Davis said:

I'm still learning.  BTW,  You post some of the best pictures ever, makes me want to go fishing.

Not many people would know what the cooler was, it’s a pretty local thing here in PNW. 

And thanks on pics. I just snap what I think is pretty to me. Fish, cars, landscapes, whatever. Phone makes me look better than I am.  Here’s the wife and pups while hiking Waldo lake before the fires this year.

BD801BCE-5B5B-44CE-B9CD-199597CAD790.jpeg

Guest Ray Davis

JD, you definitely live in beautiful country.   No need to travel, just go outside & take a picture.  We have family in Washington ( tri cities )  it's even beautiful there in a      more arid way.   They have the Columbia river for fishing.   

They were on fishing a trip when Mt St Helens erupted.  Ash was falling all around them while they were attemping to escape in a PU.  In the middle of no where the ash wore a hole in the paper air filter.  The engine didn't last long,  when it stopped they were near a small restaurant which they made their way to.  The owners took them in along with other stranded motorist.   How fortunate can you be?  People sleepng all over the place but at least they all had food & water.  I can't remember how many days it took for help to arrive. 

I like to think the Lord was looking out for all of those people that day.

19 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

JD, you definitely live in beautiful country.   No need to travel, just go outside & take a picture.  We have family in Washington ( tri cities )  it's even beautiful there in a      more arid way.   They have the Columbia river for fishing.   

They were on fishing a trip when Mt St Helens erupted.  Ash was falling all around them while they were attemping to escape in a PU.  In the middle of no where the ash wore a hole in the paper air filter.  The engine didn't last long,  when it stopped they were near a small restaurant which they made their way to.  The owners took them in along with other stranded motorist.   How fortunate can you be?  People sleepng all over the place but at least they all had food & water.  I can't remember how many days it took for help to arrive. 

I like to think the Lord was looking out for all of those people that day.

Wow! They are lucky. Spirit Lake fishing is awesome again I hear, but need a permit to get in. 

I was 13 at the time. We had ash fall in town from the eruption, not much. Wife had family in Sliver Lake Wa, and were shoveling ash like snow. 

Guest Ray Davis
5 hours ago, JDCrow said:

Wow! They are lucky. Spirit Lake fishing is awesome again I hear, but need a permit to get in. 

I was 13 at the time. We had ash fall in town from the eruption, not much. Wife had family in Sliver Lake Wa, and were shoveling ash like snow. 

I was 13 in 1953, can't believe it myself.  My folks had a new Buick that we took vacations in, but we never got quite that far up the west coast though.  Had never even heard of Mt St Helens.  By comparison to today those were innocent times, can't go back though.

They took us to visit Mt St Helens approx 5 yrs later.  The devastation was still awesome, trees blown over ( up hill ) for miles & miles, cars nearly melted plus the whole side of the mountain was gone.    Mother nature plays rough sometimes.   We hope to get back up that way someday when fuel comes down somemore, if ever.` I saw diesel for 4.13 this morning, that's better but I like it even lower 😁 however, I'm sure it's still a lot more than that up there.   That part of the country is a long way from here in Tx.     I do like long trips but 4 to 5 hundred dollars a day gets my attention pretty quick

Edited by Ray Davis

Yeah TX is a long, long ways. 

I would love to travel down more, your neck of the country, but not close enough to retirement to do so. 

Each state has its own beauty for sure. We are still “semi” active volcano wise. Here in Central Oregon, we are Cinder cones as far as the eye can see in any direction. South Sister Mt is monitored for seismic, it has a dome that grows some. Paulina Peak is explored for geothermal energy. I think I have a Paulina Peak Pic, from Paulina Lake

the pic in the above response is Diamond Peak, as seen from Crescent Lake 

EC691605-FFCC-439F-BC29-6D3BCDD09870.jpeg

Edited by JDCrow
Clarifying

3 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

I was 13 in 1953, can't believe it myself.  My folks had a new Buick that we took vacations in, but we never got quite that far up the west coast though.  Had never even heard of Mt St Helens.  By comparison to today those were innocent times, can't go back though.

They took us to visit Mt St Helens approx 5 yrs later.  The devastation was still awesome, trees blown over ( up hill ) for miles & miles, cars nearly melted plus the whole side of the mountain was gone.    Mother nature plays rough sometimes.   We hope to get back up that way someday when fuel comes down somemore, if ever.` I saw diesel for 4.13 this morning, that's better but I like it even lower 😁 however, I'm sure it's still a lot more than that up there.   That part of the country is a long way from here in Tx.     I do like long trips but 4 to 5 hundred dollars a day gets my attention pretty quick

At the risk of wandering....but this is more of "reminisince" thread....  We visited Mt. St. Helens circa in 1994.  Drove in and took LOTS of pictures.  The drive in was desolate.  And I know, memory, that it blew up circa 1978.  But in 2004, we traveled back to the area and Crater Lake and such....the drive in was not as desolate....started to reforestate.  THEY were impressed, but we weren't.....as we did the 1994 drive with our daughter as a college graduation present.  In 2018, we were there again....just toured the Visitor's center and left....watched the movies...it was not worth the trip out to the center....or maybe we just wimpled out.  Sort of like going to NYC and shooting a picture from the Statue of Liberty island, circa 1986 or 87... with our teenage kids in the foreground and the Twin Towers in the background....then did that in 2014 or so....and the drama or emotional side of it....GONE....same shot....just Grandkids in the foreground....totally different....

10 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

At the risk of wandering....but this is more of "reminisince" thread....  We visited Mt. St. Helens circa in 1994.  Drove in and took LOTS of pictures.  The drive in was desolate.  And I know, memory, that it blew up circa 1978.  But in 2004, we traveled back to the area and Crater Lake and such....the drive in was not as desolate....started to reforestate.  THEY were impressed, but we weren't.....as we did the 1994 drive with our daughter as a college graduation present.  In 2018, we were there again....just toured the Visitor's center and left....watched the movies...it was not worth the trip out to the center....or maybe we just wimpled out.  Sort of like going to NYC and shooting a picture from the Statue of Liberty island, circa 1986 or 87... with our teenage kids in the foreground and the Twin Towers in the background....then did that in 2014 or so....and the drama or emotional side of it....GONE....same shot....just Grandkids in the foreground....totally different....

Reminiscence away I started the thread. And it was earlier, 1980. So I was even younger 😂

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_St._Helens