Girard wind meter

I was moving my coach over the weekend and hit a low hanging tree branch. Once I arrived at the park I made an inspection of the roof and I tore off two of the anno/wind meter cups for my girard awning sensor. I replaced the cups but the sensor itself dosent seem to want to spin as easily as it did before. Has anyone tried to open one of these up and see if any parts are replaceable or not? I can't seem to find much info on them. I can however find a 200 dollar replacement. 

4 hours ago, willbo777 said:

After I knocked off both of our sensors for the second time, I just gave up.  We are just very careful when we extend our patio awnings and never trusted the anemometers anyway, so we never leave them out if we are not right there.

Same here, and I'd love to entertain alternatives to the tree magnet.  Maybe a tv antenna attached anemometer?

- bob

The wind meter is the least of my problems. I still have plenty of "to do" projects on this old girl. I just like all the gadgets to work like they should......maybe it's my OCD kicking in again. Just like the tv antenna. I will probably never use it because I always stream tv but, since it's there......I'd like for it to work. 

• Like 1

Guest sunriseranch2000

I have one, brand new, never used. I also have many switches and other parts left over from owning three Dynastys.

Bob Penland

803-230-3660