Dish VIP211K Receiver & Remote - $50+S&H or Pickup

I have a used Dish VIP211K receiver for sale. This is one of the best receivers for RV use and is a full function Dish receiver.   It syncs quickly and will even work with in-motion dish compatible dishes. The 211k  offers features and full connectivity that the other Dish receivers do not. It will interface with HDMI, component, s-video, composite and and has a channel 3/4 coaxial output that are not included in the newer units.  You can add a small external HDD via the USB connector and you can schedule, record and play stored programming. 

IMG_4843.thumb.jpeg.b32b2e7e603286d3477d63da643df94d.jpeg

IMG_4842.thumb.jpeg.f407026aacc08ef6432347f4f0fb61a5.jpeg

IMG_4841.thumb.jpeg.fe62da0ba794506f58f04c09b90f4f0a.jpeg

• Scotty Hutto changed the title to Dish VIP211K Receiver & Remote - $50+S&H or Pickup

Hi Scotty,

I'm interested in the Dish VIP211K receiver for sale. My new to me 2006 dynasty came with winegard traveler satellite antenna and interface box. Looking at the Winegard manual, adding this receiver should be easily accomplished by connecting the coax from the antenna to the receiver and an HDMI to my TV and get the proper subscription service. I powered up the winegard interface box and the antenna appears to search for the satellites. Any idea on if this should work with my current setup and the cost to ship to Savannah GA?

Thanks,

Dan

3 hours ago, det944 said:

Hi Scotty,

I'm interested in the Dish VIP211K receiver for sale. My new to me 2006 dynasty came with winegard traveler satellite antenna and interface box. Looking at the Winegard manual, adding this receiver should be easily accomplished by connecting the coax from the antenna to the receiver and an HDMI to my TV and get the proper subscription service. I powered up the winegard interface box and the antenna appears to search for the satellites. Any idea on if this should work with my current setup and the cost to ship to Savannah GA?

Thanks,

Dan

I haven’t worked with a Winegard Traveler, so I really don’t know.  Winegard tech support should be able to tell you. 

I’ll check on the cost to ship and let you know. 

8 hours ago, det944 said:

Hi Scotty,

Thanks,

Dan

The VIP 211 will indeed work with the traveler.  However, you might want to make sure your Trav’ler work’s before you purchase a receiver.  The manual is online.  If you can’t find it let me know and I’ll find the file on my laptop.  
You don’t need a receiver to test the Trav’ler.  It should lock on to the western arc satellites (110,119, and 129).  As far as connecting the receiver, there should be a coax cable near the interface box.  There should also be a coax in the bedroom. 

10 hours ago, det944 said:

Hi Scotty,

Thanks,

Dan

My Traveler originally came setup for DirecTV. When I switched to Dish I was able to use the Traveler motor and control box but I had to buy a new satellite dish and LNB arm/head. The swap was quite easy and control box was easy to reprogram. If you fire up your control box so that the dish raises up you should see the dish marked with DirecTV or Dish. Hopefully in your case you will get out cheap and it will already be a DishTV setup. 

If I may offer another option… I used this receiver with this antenna.  No control boxes, no “power injection”.  The VIP211K receiver powered and controlled the antenna with nothing other than coax between the receiver and satellite antenna.

https://kingconnect.com/dish-tailgater-pro-premium-satellite-antenna/

They also make one that works with ANY satellite service for about $200 more:

https://kingconnect.com/king-one-pro-premium-satellite-antenna/

• Disagree 1

I have a traveler DTv four years old. How do you know if it's a conversion option or a replaced necessity? I want out of Dtv and probably going to fish unless I go full on internet with Musk but I'm leary of that option it's got growing pains I hear. 

1 hour ago, det944 said:

Wow, thanks for all of the info folks. Never had satillte service before, need to look at the rig this evening.

Depending on which coast you're on will depend which satellites you hook up with.  The Dish Western Arc (110, 119, 129) will work in the East but they'll be lower angle.  Trees and your neighbor's RV could block the view.  Dish Eastern Arc "birds" are 61.5 and 72.  Atlanta is on 84th longitude.  Most EA programs are on the 61.5 satellite.  The only difference between the WA and EA dishes is the LNB's have different spacing at the end of the arm. 

I have a dish like on your stick & brick roof on a portable 4-legged PVC quadpod.  Less than $100 for the whole setup and no need to re-located the dish (Winegards are single LNB) if you change channels.  If trees are in the way I have 60' of coax where I can locate a hole in the trees.  You do need some patience to set it up.  Winegards (and King Controls) are automatic seeking (single LNB).

Lastly, I'm pretty fed up with the programming.  Depending on what you like.  I like movies and think I've seen almost everything worth watching.  Can't say Vampires and Zombies are my thing so there's a few genres that don't make the cut.

- bob

We are at our home in Savannah Ga. Looks like I have a direct TV LG Slim line dish. Tried to get it to lock onto satilltes, went into search and peaking mode but didn't lock. Eventually Auto stowed. I didn't watch the whole sequence because I had to run out for a few minutes. Also may have too many obstacles like houses and trees if the satilltes are low arc . May try manual mode tomorrow. 

Thanks!

Dan

Pictures of the operation...

IMG_20220814_195356320.jpg

IMG_20220814_195318403.jpg

IMG_20220814_195219718.jpg

16 hours ago, Ivan K said:

Certainly not a single LNB on the Traveller, same as our home dish. The old Direct TV had 2, Dish has 3.

Sorry, I thought the Traveler was one of those table top deals for tailgating, etc.

16 hours ago, det944 said:

Tried to get it to lock onto satilltes, went into search and peaking mode but didn't lock. Eventually Auto stowed.  . . . . may have too many obstacles like houses and trees if the satilltes are low arc . May try manual mode tomorrow. 

I use Dishpointer https://www.dishpointer.com/ to figure out which way to point the dish initially.  Click the crosshairs next to the search box for Lat / Lon, pick your satellite (Western hemisphere satellites are 2/3 down the list) then click search.  Pick a satellite who's LNB is near the middle of the arm (Dish Eastern Arc would be 72.7W NIMIQ 5).  You'll get an aerial map of where you're at and the direction your dish should be pointed.  Zoom in.  If the location isn't accurate you can click & drag the green dot right to your lot site.  Now you'll know if trees are in the way, etc.  Use an app for elevation and have someone hold the phone at the satellite angle while you look down the axis of the phone.  I've found compass angles on phones aren't reliable.  Another plus for Dishpointer.

- bob