Step Fuse

LakeBob

2009 Dynasty.

Trying to locate the fuse for the outside steps. Repair and repainting the steps and would like to make sure they don’t retract. 

Front run box says “Entry Step- Hidden Fuse- PS Arm Rest”

Also listed under VCB Green Fuses- “IGN Step-Location 7, From: F17-15A”

I’ve looked in the arm rest and cannot locate a fuse.  
There is a VCB - 7 in the front run box, in location F 45, 15A fuse, however it has no effect on step operation.

The F17 location has fuse labeled VCB-4, also no effect on step operation 

Anyone have any insight here?

Thanks!!

5506B871-76DB-4DCA-96F7-CB88F9C254E9.jpeg

Tony: Ultimately I could disconnect the step motor, sure would like to know where the fuse is. 

Frank: I already tried pulling F13, still allows the outside steps to operate.   

I’ll dig into the manual and wiring diagrams tonight 

Thanks as always!!

The schematic I have shows that the step control module is receiving power from terminal J6 on the CCM module and fuse F13 is supposed to remove power from terminal J6.  Since removing F13 doesn't kill power to the step control module, try F14.  Monaco may have inadvertently switched the step J6 connection with the J7 ABS lug connection.  Both use 30 amp fuses and if the step control module is connected to J7 the fuse would be F14.  (Just to be clear, F13 and F14 are on the CCM module itself and not F13 and F14 on the PCB.)

I'm assuming that you have the factory original chassis multiplex system and someone prior to you hasn't rewired to bypass it with a separate control switch in the passenger side armrest.

1 hour ago, Frank McElroy said:

The schematic I have shows that the step control module is receiving power from terminal J6 on the CCM module and fuse F13 is supposed to remove power from terminal J6.  Since removing F13 doesn't kill power to the step control module, try F14.  Monaco may have inadvertently switched the step J6 connection with the J7 ABS lug connection.  Both use 30 amp fuses and if the step control module is connected to J7 the fuse would be F14.  (Just to be clear, F13 and F14 are on the CCM module itself and not F13 and F14 on the PCB.)

I'm assuming that you have the factory original chassis multiplex system and someone prior to you hasn't rewired to bypass it with a separate control switch in the passenger side armrest.

Thanks, I'll check F14 tomorrow.  

Yes, I did pull the cover on the CCM module to pull the F13 fuse.

If that doesn't work, there should be a 4 wire plug connector on or near the step controller.  The 4 wires are white with wires labelled, FJ6 BATT STEP CONT, VCB7 IGN (S8), SWED SW ENTRY DOOR (S21), FJ4-B ENTRY STEP SW ON.  Unplugging that connector should disable the steps 

15 hours ago, LakeBob said:

Thanks, I'll check F14 tomorrow.  

Yes, I did pull the cover on the CCM module to pull the F13 fuse.

Pulled #14, that was it !   Thanks for your assistance. Love this group! 

00768518-1B01-410D-A9F6-6BBE26922B9B.jpeg

Glad you found it.  A picture is worth a thousand words.  Monaco put the step controller power on lug J7 which is controlled by fuse F14.  If they put that white wire one lug to the left it would have been lug J6 controlled by fuse F13 as shown in the schematic.

Another change was for the ABS controller power.  That is powered by the "rear" CCM not the front CCM as listed in the diagram under the CCM cover.