Intellitec EMS discussion & trouble shooting.... Shore Power & Fake 50Ampser?

NGADawgs
Go to solution Solved by Scotty Hutto,

Once again, thanks for all of the good knowledge shared.  My 2007 Diplomat does have the Intellitech EMS so I will file that info in my noggin' to look for the 50 amp light after hooking up.

Wow! This has been such an informative and interesting thread!!!  So glad I didn't miss this one.  EVERY member of this forum needs to read the complete thread!  Thank you guys for sharing all of your wisdom and knowledge with the rest of us.  I do have one concern that I think needs to be addressed.  In NGADawgs' (Gary's) 2nd post, (about 6 posts down from the top) he mentions the fact that he has an IOTA transfer switch that he is going to wait to change out until he gets back from his next 2 week trip.  If my memory serves me correctly,  this is the component that was labeled as an "EXTREME FIRE HAZARD" in a thread that I read just a couple of weeks ago.  If this was mentioned in the thread, then I apologize for missing it.  However, if it was not mentioned,  I think it would be VERY IMPORTANT to make sure that Gary is aware of the potential fire hazard that he has in that IOTA transfer switch.  

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Intellitec EMS discussion & trouble shooting.... Shore Power & Fake 50Ampser?

Carey,

Thanks for your concern.  I opened up the Iota transfer switch when I heard of the fire hazard a couple of weeks ago.  Everything is pristine inside.  There is no signs of overheating and all of the lugs were secure.  Since it has been operational for 15 years now, I thought a few more weeks wouldn't be of concern.  Also, the DW gave me that look of "are your really going to redo your entire electrical system right before we go on a two week trip?".  In other words, don't mess up this trip...

Update, we are on that trip now and staying at River Valley CG in Cherokee.  Beautiful park right on the whitewater river.  I ran into the same situation where my EMS was reporting high voltage on L2.  I was seeing 130 volts on L2 on the EMS.  Checking the pole, it was only 126 V.  I adjusted the potentiometer in the EMS to match my meter and all has been good since.

2 minutes ago, NGADawgs said:

Carey,

Thanks for your concern.  I opened up the Iota transfer switch when I heard of the fire hazard a couple of weeks ago.  Everything is pristine inside.  There is no signs of overheating and all of the lugs were secure.  Since it has been operational for 15 years now, I thought a few more weeks wouldn't be of concern.  Also, the DW gave me that look of "are your really going to redo your entire electrical system right before we go on a two week trip?".  In other words, don't mess up this trip...

Update, we are on that trip now and staying at River Valley CG in Cherokee.  Beautiful park right on the whitewater river.  I ran into the same situation where my EMS was reporting high voltage on L2.  I was seeing 130 volts on L2 on the EMS.  Checking the pole, it was only 126 V.  I adjusted the potentiometer in the EMS to match my meter and all has been good since.

I would do that a gain from time to time....but also remember that the voltage is "LOAD sensitive".  If you have 50 amp service at home, do it there.  The voltage in a CG can change radically if there are others folks on the line which causes the voltage to vary when all the AC's kick on or off.  I probably trust my HW50C too much....and need to check it....but it as been doing fine for over 12 years and Tommy Fanelli's guys, at Progressive were top notch.

Good Luck...