Can you smell that SMELLšŸ˜–

So just a blip to state that here in California were getting the bio fuel, sometime when im face to face with folks i can share my thoughts on this product, that said im sure there are several of you that already know the issue surrounding this concoctionšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø My take aways are less power, which as far as i know nothing can be done about thatšŸ˜”

However since my coach is pre DEF that means i get to enjoy the ā€œ Bouquetā€œ as it is being burned in the engine, an as long as im doing freway speeds its not too bad, however i have found that at idel speeds or worse in camp running the genny the smell is disgusting!!! Im sure that ā€œrulesā€ prohibit me from using the product name or pics showing the product, so i will just say that im using the ONLY authorized fuel additive from Cummins and what i have found when in the tank it does in fact change the smell for the better, espesally when running the generator! Plus other advantages that everyone can discover for themselves.Ā 

Iā€™ve tried it in my truck as some small townĀ stations canā€™t get a diesel tank in the ground due to cost and the branded stations wonā€™t supply them, so the will have a bio fuel pump. I just donā€™t trust it in those circumstances and will normally change my filter in my truck after a trip. I agree, pre def or emissions would put my mind at ease.

interesting read here on the future of fuels from the biggest polluters of transport-planesĀ 

https://www.bp.com/en/global/air-bp/news-and-views/views/what-is-sustainable-aviation-fuel-saf-and-why-is-it-important.html

Ā 

Ā 

Ok so i read it, blah, blah, blah. When using ā€œblendsā€ it changes the propertys of the liquid as well as the burn rate. I just refuse to be a test dummie on a corprates bottom line. I would demand it be fully tested with Military flights as well as ANYTHING other than a flight full of folks. Yes i have trust issues espesally since i saw the results when they changed gasoline then Diesel fuelsšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

9 minutes ago, Rikadoo said:

Ok so i read it, blah, blah, blah. When using ā€œblendsā€ it changes the propertys of the liquid as well as the burn rate. I just refuse to be a test dummie on a corprates bottom line. I would demand it be fully tested with Military flights as well as ANYTHING other than a flight full of folks. Yes i have trust issues espesally since i saw the results when they changed gasoline then Diesel fuelsšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Iā€™m with ya. One of my clients is an engineer and we talk about EV and such. (Heā€™s with the state) anyway we hit on this subject of SAF. And we agreed, neither of us want to be in the plane when they use itā€¦..for quite awhile.Ā 
Ā 

8 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

Iā€™m with ya. One of my clients is an engineer and we talk about EV and such. (Heā€™s with the state) anyway we hit on this subject of SAF. And we agreed, neither of us want to be in the plane when they use itā€¦..for quite awhile.Ā 
Ā 

I guess many of us do have goverment trust issuesšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

11 hours ago, Rikadoo said:

So just a blip to state that here in California were getting the bio fuel, sometime when im face to face with folks i can share my thoughts on this product, that said im sure there are several of you that already know the issue surrounding this concoctionšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø My take aways are less power, which as far as i know nothing can be done about thatšŸ˜”

However since my coach is pre DEF that means i get to enjoy the ā€œ Bouquetā€œ as it is being burned in the engine, an as long as im doing freway speeds its not too bad, however i have found that at idel speeds or worse in camp running the genny the smell is disgusting!!! Im sure that ā€œrulesā€ prohibit me from using the product name or pics showing the product, so i will just say that im using the ONLY authorized fuel additive from Cummins and what i have found when in the tank it does in fact change the smell for the better, espesally when running the generator! Plus other advantages that everyone can discover for themselves.Ā 

You can post product names! Ā Happens all the time!

It is what it is dude!

Burn it, and be happy they are still allowing your oil burner on the road!!

I live in BC Canada, where most of our diesel is 5% or below, bio fuel. But, when I'm in Cal, I'm usually burning 20%, just like everyone else!