Paint Touch-ups

Are these BASF codes? EnglishColor mixed 4 of my colors to a perfect match just based on the codes using actual BASF paint. There is a minimum they can mix, certainly more than what would fit into a touch up pen.

50 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Are these BASF codes? EnglishColor mixed 4 of my colors to a perfect match just based on the codes using actual BASF paint. There is a minimum they can mix, certainly more than what would fit into a touch up pen.

check out the BASF site for a local dealer.  http://refinish.basf.us/where-to-buy/       The Diamont paint that is used on my coach was mixed in smaller quantities for me by Industrial Finishes in Lafayette IN on the list of dealers.  most can be in 1/2 pint cans, but some require bigger cans.. Not cheap, but they made exact match paint .  You should have a similar dealer in your area.

• Thanks 1

jacwjames & bill4029, thanks for the link.  This is the info I was looking for.  A body shop in Speedway Indiana is on the BASF list and I'll give them a call.

A few years ago, with the VIN, Monaco emailed a .pdf of the BASF paint codes.  (along with the owners manual, window sticker, and a few other documents, wiring diagram was not available)  I attached that .pdf,  it might help anyone searching for the doc.

paint scheme.pdf

• Like 1

Agree with the comment above, In your binder will be a page with a drawing of the coach design and each stripe will list a number on it. There is a table on the same page with the BASF Diamont paint codes.  Mine was a separate page in 1 of the 3 binders/folders set that comes with the Beaver.

Sorry for the giant pic.. editing  to solve that.. I am a newbie on this site  🙂

I had all of my colors mixed last summer by a Sherman Williams AUTO PAINT store. They used Monaco's numbers, which in my case were posted on the wall in the rear closet. Perfect match and not terribly expensive.  A quart was around $90. They did a couple of rattle cans for about $12 each. 

Ken Wilcox - 2003 The Executive 

17 minutes ago, Grampy OG said:

I had all of my colors mixed last summer by a Sherman Williams AUTO PAINT store. They used Monaco's numbers, which in my case were posted on the wall in the rear closet. Perfect match and not terribly expensive.  A quart was around $90. They did a couple of rattle cans for about $12 each. 

Ken Wilcox - 2003 The Executive 

Good to know, I have seen the sticker back there but didn't pay too much attention to the content.. thanks for the info. 

Guest Cruzbill

Another idea: 2 years ago I had the MH parked in the front yard loading up for a trip. The neighbor decided he'd use his rotary mower on the weeds on the edge of the street. (we live on a dirt road). I counted 300 paint chips after he was done. Body shop estimates were sky high, so I finally got hold of a guy that does touch up work for car dealers. We met him in a big parking lot about 2 hrs away and he took out his kit and went to town. Two hours and $300; you can't tell where the damage was. He used a very small artist's brush and mixed the colors on his mortarboard. 

5 hours ago, bill4029 said:

Agree with the comment above, In your binder will be a page with a drawing of the coach design and each stripe will list a number on it. There is a table on the same page with the BASF Diamont paint codes.  Mine was a separate page in 1 of the 3 binders/folders set that comes with the Beaver.

Sorry for the giant pic.. editing  to solve that.. I am a newbie on this site  🙂

We did not get the binder only a manual that is about 1.25" thick. We are the third ? owners and I believe tha the last owner just bought it to flip it. It had been abused.

What color scheme do you have on your rig.  Mine is shades of green and black, called Verde. 

I was lucky, even though our rig was  a Florida repo it came will the complete set of manuals. 

So if you need some info let me know.  Over the last 10 years I've collected quite a bit of info on the various systems. 

Good luck

Edward,

If REV won't help you, call Veurings. A very nice lady there offered to send me our codes when looking for some other parts. I already had the codes but she also volunteered to sent me window sticker copy for our VIN, which I did not have. Always a great friendly service.

2 hours ago, jacwjames said:

What color scheme do you have on your rig.  Mine is shades of green and black, called Verde. 

I was lucky, even though our rig was  a Florida repo it came will the complete set of manuals. 

So if you need some info let me know.  Over the last 10 years I've collected quite a bit of info on the various systems. 

Good luck

Saw your post on IRV2 from a couple of years ago and noticed that we both have Verde (which is uncommon and we have gotten many compliments on) and I tried to contact you through the thread. They said bc the thread is so old that I couldn't post to it. Could you possibly give me your color codes. I would very much appreciate it!   Sharon

IMG_6673.JPG

For the guys that didn’t do a complete repaint on either the whole coach or a panel and instead used a touch pen or brush, how does it look?  Was the clear coat mixed in with the color in the pen or was that a second coat?  

I'm the OP.   Here is what I found. in search of a touch-up solution.

The BASF web site that offered locations of body shops didn't pan out.  Both shops said they only sell paint they put on themselves.  They don't mix paint to sell.

At the suggestion of GRAMPY OG, (thank you very much)   I called the Shermin Williliams Auto Paint store.  At first he said, we can't match BASF paint codes.  But then asked for the codes anyway.  A few minutes later he came back on the phone and said,, "looks like you bought a Monaco."

This morning I picked up the 3 small (2.5 oz) touch up bottles for about $17 each.   I'll go to work on it this coming weekend and report back on how well they match.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 5:04 AM, eddie4ne said:

Silly question, where do I locate the BASF paint codes for our coach- '02 windsor?

Mine is located on the drivers seat pedestal. Hard to read, but there. 

20200112_164009.jpg

I had an actual black and white diagram of the coach on my rear closet wall with each stripe and base color numbered. Later I found a duplicate of the printout in the accordion file that came with the coach with all of the manuals. My Dynasty had the codes printed on paper and glued inside a kitchen cabinet. 

Happy hunting,

Ken

7 hours ago, Grampy OG said:

I had an actual black and white diagram of the coach on my rear closet wall with each stripe and base color numbered. Later I found a duplicate of the printout in the accordion file that came with the coach with all of the manuals. My Dynasty had the codes printed on paper and glued inside a kitchen cabinet. 

Happy hunting,

Ken

Ken,

thanks for the info.jacwjames sent me a copy. I am going to mount it in the coach as you have suggested.