At the risk of looking like a fool...

Trust me the only "fool" is someone who chooses to NOT ask any question and then gets themselves into more trouble later.

Now, I have to ask, what is the spin-on filter on the driver's side of the engine for?

I had the same exact engine in my previous Windsor, but it never had any filter in that location. Everything else is identical.

Also, I could never open up that secondary oil filler cap so I always used the one on top. I didn't want to force it and then break it into pieces as it looks like a plastic piece.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Trust me the only "fool" is someone who chooses to NOT ask any question and then gets themselves into more trouble later.

Now, I have to ask, what is the spin-on filter on the driver's side of the engine for?

I had the same exact engine in my previous Windsor, but it never had any filter in that location. Everything else is identical.

Also, I could never open up that secondary oil filler cap so I always used the one on top. I didn't want to force it and then break it into pieces as it looks like a plastic piece.

Yeah, that's why I posted it. I didn't want to dump oil in there only to find out it needed something more exotic for some reason. 

The filter on the driver's side is the coolant filter.

Here's another stupid question, the cap on my hydraulic fluid tank says "Tighten->" on it, but I can't seem to get it to tighten down at all, just spins. I also don't see any obvious threads on it, and there are maybe some threads on the inside of the hole it goes into.

2 hours ago, RoadTripper2084 said:

Here's another stupid question, the cap on my hydraulic fluid tank says "Tighten->" on it, but I can't seem to get it to tighten down at all, just spins. I also don't see any obvious threads on it, and there are maybe some threads on the inside of the hole it goes into.

My hydraulic reservoir dip stick cap is a rubber compression type cap.  No threads, just as you turn the cap it compresses the rubber type grommet and tightens against the side wall of the fill neck.  I had the same issue of the cap just spinning and not tightening.  If you look where the dip stick attaches to the cap on the underside, make sure it is threaded into the underside retaining clip.  Otherwise it will just spin and not compress and tighten.   That is what my problem was.

• Like 1