Slide seals

12 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Your bedroom wardrobe bottom seal is likely farther in.

I've thought the same thing looking at mine! Would probably a nightmare to replace without pulling the slide!

I've got 4 slides on this thing and everyone seems to be different.

11 hours ago, Steven P said:

@FishAR you can mend the torn seal to buy some time.  I used 2" 3m nonskid tape for my seals and it works pretty good.  Contact Steele Rubber and AP Products and look at what yours compares to and ask for samples.  

How do you mend it? I have no clue. 

Kind of a catch 22 since I don't really know what it all looks like unless I take it off, I don't want to take it off without one ready to put on, and I have no idea how it comes off.

Ordering the tape now.

Basically, you get a patch of similar material that is larger than the tear and clean the torn seal well and apply that patch kind of like patching a tire.  3m makes some strong rubber bonding glue you can use. I had to use 2 different seals bc my top one needed a longer wiper blade than the sides.  I bonded the corners together 2 or 3 years ago and still holding strong.  Loom back at page 1 in this thread for more details 

Edited by Steven P
  • Like 1

Drill out the pop rivets in the long aluminum plate holding the seal in place. Remove it and the seal. Place the top of the new one up against the bottom of the slide, mark where the bottom of the seal rests.  Now draw a line about ⁵⁄₁₆” above your first line so you can stick the bottom edge of your new seal along this line.  Now try the slide before riveting the retainer back in place to make sure the seal flips back and forth as the slide moves in and out. On mine, the factory seal was over ¾” proud and wouldn’t flip back and forth, creating an inward set that would no longer seal. 

Once you are happy with the seal operation, pop rivet the plate back in place using the large head pop rivets.

I bought my seal through Colaw RV Parts in 2017, so prices have gone up since that invoice below. They were one third the price of REV.  As you can see it was dropped shipped from the manufacturer. You have to buy through a dealer.  Now you have the part number for that seal.

Maybe Chris can jump in here and let us know how he does it. He may have a better way.  And, he probably has the seal. A good place to check. 

0D1D7F50-E2F6-4808-8756-CD3E3CCDC1B7.jpeg

CEC3F9A3-7529-496F-8F6B-5FC9C9C3C337.jpeg

784FC706-6D2B-479B-85F7-D785CE032342.jpeg

2BF78B4D-3AF3-476C-A6C3-327389431615.jpeg

52B4822B-6C4A-4FA0-9F00-11E88ED7E4FA.jpeg

74619F75-062A-434F-A3ED-BE985EA0C653.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I need to replace the wiper seal on drive side front slide out for 2008 Monaco Diplomat SKQ (and possibly both sides). It appears to me to be single bulb wiper seal that is presently installed, but my research of others with the same year and model says it should be Double bulb wiper seal. Maybe that’s the problem. Your help is appreciated.

David:

The slide seals for your coach should be double bulb. The factory may have installed single bulb. When ordering new seals I highly recommend ordering them through UniGrip. We quit using Steele and other brands due to the quality of the seals. UniGrip makes the highest quality seals on the market.

HI Folks... slightly different scenario.

I had the floor of my 04 Cheetah removed [incl tiles] and a floating wood floor put in it's place.  It is great.  However I notice when the slide comes back in [or maybe goes out] something is dragging on the new floor scratching it badly.  Hope you can see the lines across the plank in the pics.  I tried to look underneath by briing the slide in until it tipped up but can't see or feel anything.   Is there a way to get to the bottom of the slide? 

IMG_6354.jpg

IMG_6355.jpg

@Les Hurdlesome people place carpet pads upside down for the slide to rest on when coming in or out to prevent scratches. When we bought ours, it was scratched and I found a lot of cat litter under the carpet that was dragging leading to scratches. 

If that's a flush floor slide, it tilts up as you bring it in.  Once it's at an angle, you should be able to put the carpet piece under the lip.