Help removing A pillar trim?

I'm attempting to remove the a pillar trim but can't seem to get it to budge. I've got it to the point I can get behind it, but want to run an hdmi cable from the ipad up it and was hoping to cut a small notch just big enough for the wire and not the connector. Then set the a pillar trim on top of it. Any help on what else I need to do to remove it would be appreciated. 

20220827_072013.jpg

I would start by removing the phillips head screws on the window frame.  Looks like that might go into the trim on the left side.

Typically there are also screws at the bottom...is there a dash cover at the bottom that can be removed to expose trim screws?

You could also try running a "push stick" from the bottom (under the dash) up the  A pillar and attach a pull string (or two) with electrical tape to attach to your wire to pull the wire up.

Edited by DavidL

Every model has different pillar trim and therefore different ways it was attached.

Looking at yours, I would think that at the very least loosen up all of the window trim screws on the right side and corners of the window to see if it would slide away from the window. Not sure what holds it together at the bottom, maybe nothing. Possibly it is just stuck into the base not needing to be attached to anything.

I would hope that they didn't mount the window trim screws through the pillar cover.

I agree with David and Richard. I have also seen the heavy duty 3M plastic Velcro used to hold it in place. Be persistent with it but be careful not to apply too much pull and break it. Sometimes you can also get a long something behind it to pry it from the middle and not just pry from the upper and/or lower ends. Good luck.

-Jamie

For @bklaesor anyone else that may need the outcome of this later: removing some of the window trim screws and pulling a little harder did the trick. There may have been a little adhesive that had to get loosened up. The window trim screws don't go through the a pillar but the window trim does hold it down.