Main awning quit working.Carefree Eclipse 20 ft.

My 20ft carefree awning quit working.Have power to motor but cant get at it because awning is against motorhome wall.how do you open awning with no power to check if motor is shot?without breaking motor cover and can not get to hook alternate 12v power to it

Edited by bigbhb

• bigbhb changed the title to Main awning quit working.Carefree Eclipse 20 ft.

I also have the Eclipse. There was a post on another website and if I remember correctly they had same problem. Somehow they hooked up a battery externally and got it to go out. Wish I could be more help. But now I am definitely interested in the answer to this issue.

Since. Monaco use’s grounds to complete the circuit, maybe the ground for extending is not a good ground. 

Edited by Gary M
Brain Fart

I found a manual for you awning on line.  The procedure to operate the awning in an emergency says to connect a battery to the motor leads but to do this you have to be able to take the cover off the motor.  If your awning is in against the side of the coach not sure how you can do that.  Kind of a catch 22 situation.

https://www.eclipseawning.com/wp-content/uploads/Eclipse-Awning-Owners-Guide-2018.pdf

My 01 Monaco has a 20 ‘ carefree there’s a hole in the cover at the bottom of the motor where you can insert a 9/64th Allen wrench on a drill and turn the motor and open the awning. Also  there are 12V fittings Com out of it you can hook a battery pack to and open or close the Awing be sure and unplug the motor on the outside wall of the coach before using the 12V method, there’s a chance you can burn the controller up if you don’t. 

• 4 months later...
On 8/28/2022 at 7:16 PM, sg47619 said:

My 01 Monaco has a 20 ‘ carefree there’s a hole in the cover at the bottom of the motor where you can insert a 9/64th Allen wrench on a drill and turn the motor and open the awning. Also  there are 12V fittings Com out of it you can hook a battery pack to and open or close the Awing be sure and unplug the motor on the outside wall of the coach before using the 12V method, there’s a chance you can burn the controller up if you don’t. 

Anyone know where the Carefree awning controller - 04 Camelot 40pdq?