2007 Monaco Rear Slide Adjustment Question

This is my passenger side bedroom slide it’s really pushing down on the seal on the bottom. I was wondering if anybody knows what these adjusters do? I was looking at the middle adjuster the wheels on the middle one still has  tape on them looks like they have never touch the bottom of the slide. The slide I’m talking about is the short slide not the bed slide. 2007 Dynasty Platinum IV. I’m not sure the brand of the slide. I don’t think it’s hydraulic.

Don

2007 Dynasty

Edited by Donflem
Adding more info.

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2007 Monaco Rear Slide Adjustment Question

Rear bedroom slides typically have rollers and have adjustment bolts facing to the outside. These bolts will raise or lower the slide.

NEVER adjust rollers with the weight of the slide on the rollers. Always jack up the slide to take the weight off. We just had a customer come in who didn't take the weight off and made an adjustment and busted the roller assembly. The slide now will have to be pulled and the roller replaced. Final bill will probably be close to $ 4,000. $ 3,500 of that is just pulling the slide and replacing it. It is extremely time consuming.

This is why I am very hesitant on giving slide adjustment instructions. Adjusting slides properly requires experience as there are several parameters that have to be measured along the way. I could write a book on the horror's I have seen from owners and half baked technicians who made a mess of their slide by making adjustments. Flush floor slide adjustments should never be attempted by anyone who is not experienced. We recently had a coach come in from Texas where 2 technicians made an adjustment on a flush floor slide. These guys were certified technicians.  They wiped the puck lights off the ceiling and then dented the roof of the slide. It took Dustin and I 3 hours to get the slide back to near its factory settings and to where we could get a final adjustment.

One other big problem are the technicians who adjust slides according to the paint stripes. Things settle over time which is why Dustin and I never pay attention to paint lines. We adjust according to our measurements and how the motor and assembly performs.

Dustin and I have a system down for making slide adjustments. With 25 year's of combined experience we know exactly how to adjust a slide to provide a smooth operation. It is not uncommon to have owners drive thousands of miles to have us adjust their slides after a technician made a mess of it during a prior adjustment. People think it is an easy task but it is not. Some slides are a nightmare requiring adjusting outboard rollers in addition to adjusting inverted interior rollers. Getting the adjustment off just a little can impact the motor and assembly operation and put undue stress on the motor and components of the slide system.

If your slide is a simple bedroom slide with 2 rollers then the adjustment is an easier process. If it is a slide with a bed on it then inverted rollers also have to be adjusted. Going to far in either direction will place a strain on the motor as well as the slide assembly. In either case a slide with rollers should never be adjusted without jacking it up first.

Hope this helps.

5 minutes ago, throgmartin said:

Rear bedroom slides typically have rollers and have adjustment bolts facing to the outside. These bolts will raise or lower the slide.

NEVER adjust rollers with the weight of the slide on the rollers. Always jack up the slide to take the weight off. We just had a customer come in who didn't take the weight off and made an adjustment and busted the roller assembly. The slide now will have to be pulled and the roller replaced. Final bill will probably be close to $ 4,000. $ 3,500 of that is just pulling the slide and replacing it. It is extremely time consuming.

This is why I am very hesitant on giving slide adjustment instructions. Adjusting slides properly requires experience as there are several parameters that have to be measured along the way. I could write a book on the horror's I have seen from owners and half baked technicians who made a mess of their slide by making adjustments. Flush floor slide adjustments should never be attempted by anyone who is not experienced. We recently had a coach come in from Texas where 2 technicians made an adjustment on a flush floor slide. These guys were certified technicians.  They wiped the puck lights off the ceiling and then dented the roof of the slide. It took Dustin and I 3 hours to get the slide back to near its factory settings and to where we could get a final adjustment.

One other big problem are the technicians who adjust slides according to the paint stripes. Things settle over time which is why Dustin and I never pay attention to paint lines. We adjust according to our measurements and how the motor and assembly performs.

Dustin and I have a system down for making slide adjustments. With 25 year's of combined experience we know exactly how to adjust a slide to provide a smooth operation. It is not uncommon to have owners drive thousands of miles to have us adjust their slides after a technician made a mess of it during a prior adjustment. People think it is an easy task but it is not. Some slides are a nightmare requiring adjusting outboard rollers in addition to adjusting inverted interior rollers. Getting the adjustment off just a little can impact the motor and assembly operation and put undue stress on the motor and components of the slide system.

If your slide is a simple bedroom slide with 2 rollers then the adjustment is an easier process. If it is a slide with a bed on it then inverted rollers also have to be adjusted. Going to far in either direction will place a strain on the motor as well as the slide assembly. In either case a slide with rollers should never be adjusted without jacking it up first.

Hope this helps.

Cris what state are you in?

Not a problem but I suggest you call well in advance and book an appointment. We are starting to fill up for fall and winter. It wont be long before we will be booked 3 and 4 months out for the winter months.

Call Bethany to book your appointment as soon as you know your travel dates - 352-942-2653.  It is starting to cool down now. Today it was only 90. 🙂

On 8/29/2022 at 8:56 AM, throgmartin said:

Now ya tell me 😖!

I've been trying to align paint lines on this coach since I purchased it!