Air leak

ph1386

Assuming it leaks where the line exits the fitting? You push the outer metal part of the fitting in with an open wrench and pull the line out. Clean it, cut a 1/4" of the line straight with a blade and push it back in. Try to make it so that the line comes in straight and not pulling sideways like it is now. See if you can rotate the fitting a little. That could be your problem now There is an oring deep inside the fitting that can be replaced but it is best bet to just replace the 1/4" push fitting. They are cheap and available everywhere, even Amazon.

• Like 4

You will need to confirm the NPT size and this is an example that I think would be correct. You don't necessarily need DOT approved for this application and save few bucks but since they sell them in packs, might as well keep some for spares elsewhere in the air system. Like air bag fittings along with some adapter fittings since the size might vary if you don't already know their size. I use permatex sealer on them, not a tape.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07SQTMLGY/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Ivan K

1 hour ago, FUQUAYFLASH said:

What is the Amazon part numbers for the 1/4" connectors.  I would like to order some

If you are near a larger metropolitan area you might find a larger supplier of hose & fittings. 

When I worked on my leaks I just took the fittings I wanted to replace and went there, they had everything I needed.    I also bought some unions and different size tubing to carry for emergency.   I kept the the old fittings for spares.