Carefree of Colorado patio awning

Mine is a few years newer and had the 2 Horz. arms to support the awning. It had a wind sensor attached to the awning that looked like a 2x2x1 box with a telephone cable coming out of it. This was the wind sensor control wire. Earlier types may have had a wind vane on the roof instead (with its own control wire). These would rout to a control module not far from the awning motor (front side) inside the cab in the overhead. Mine was behind a false panel where the cabinets over the passenger door meet the front cabinets (so it was in the corner where these 2 meet that is just dead space). There was a 120v control unit up there that had a wire going to the control pads by the door and that is where the wind sensor plugged in. if you disconnect the wind sensor, this will stop it from going in. You could also disconnect the teleco wire at the control pad, but that would turn the unit off (But its easy to get to. I believe the control pad is all low voltage, the power for the motor comes from the control unit I mentioned it the overhead.

I would call Carefree of Colorado. They sold me a replacement wind sensor and cable when mine went bad. hope this helps,

John

Eleanor, could it be that the awning sensor was detecting motion inside the RV? If you have the same small box like John suggests it likely works off of a device that detects motion (accelerometer). Wind or motion, like a washing machine or people walking inside with no jacks down, would shake the awning and in turn, the sensor and cause the awning to roll up. Carefree should have a calibration procedure on-line or you might need a new (less sensitive) sensor. 

Cheers,

-Jamie 

4 hours ago, JohnC3 said:

Mine is a few years newer and had the 2 Horz. arms to support the awning. It had a wind sensor attached to the awning that looked like a 2x2x1 box with a telephone cable coming out of it. This was the wind sensor control wire.

I would call Carefree of Colorado. They sold me a replacement wind sensor and cable when mine went bad. hope this helps,

I think you will find that sensor is not available, but good luck with finding one now.  They have moved to a new bluetooth system on mine, it's a giant step backwards when you have to use your phone as there is no remote offered for it.