Dish or Direct

I would like to check with DISH tv about costs, what we would get, equipment, etc. Does anyone have a recommendation for a contact person? A DISH sales rep/company is okay. I have had DirecTV forever and they seem to  be getting more expensive with less options. 

Send phone # for contact if you have it. I am currently located in the North Dallas Area but SHOULD (hopefully) be able to move about June 1st.

Thanks.

When I changed, I googled Dish and used that number.  But I was looking for it for both my MH and stick home.  If only looking for MH, contact Dish Outdoors and go from there.   https://dishoutdoors.com/

We switched from DirecTV to Dish over a year ago and it's been working great.  Even though we only have the motorhome we went to a Dish dealer and bought a Hopper with Sling and I just used the address of the park we were currently at.   We wanted the Sling feature that the Dish Outdoors didn't provide.  We signed up for the Flex Pak with local channels which was a lot less than we were paying with DirecTV.  The only drawback is when switching to new local channels I have to use the Chat on their web site or call but I always get someone who understands English which is the opposite of my experience with DirecTV. 

55 minutes ago, sheena154 said:

We live full-time in our motorhome but still have a Hopper.

+

I have Hopper and Joey in my motorhome with dish outdoors. I own both devices no rental.

Edited by Barry W

20 hours ago, Barry W said:

It’s been a year since I tried but I found out the app only works for one type of service.  There are two ways of getting Dish for your RV.  My a Dish in my motorhome is part of my home service.   The Wally receivers I have in my coach are billed just like the Joey’s I have in the house for service in extra rooms.  I have to call to get the location changed for local channels.  Sometimes it’s relatively easy but once it took 5 calls.

The app might work if you have Dish Outdoors or Dish On The Go, whatever it’s called. But you have to get a completely separate service for that.

Ed

Edited by saflyer

19 hours ago, Eric M said:

DirecTV is always the best. Hands down. 

I respectfully disagree. I think Dish is far easier to work with.  But that’s what makes the world go around. The ability to have a different opinion about a product or service.

Had Direct TV for years and finally gave them the boot last year because the price kept going up and service down. Converted the house and coach to Dish and have been very happy so far.

Jerry,

We bought our 2006 Diplomat and the PO had already installed a satellite system.  That coax cable goes thru the front cap above the satellite box.  I do not have a pic, but I have one of the inside (old pic, don't judge 😉) and circled where the cable is located.   However, there is another satellite input in the back bay on the drivers side where the cable hookup is.  I think this is the factory one and I feel that one runs to the selector box up front, but have not used it.  

Screenshot_20200514-184223_Gallery.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply.  My Winsor also had a sat antenna when we bought it, My friend wants mount one on his roof, The wires (power and coax) should already be there, from what I have read someplace, we are just looking for info on where to drill to find them. 

12 hours ago, Jerry Olson said:

Thanks for the quick reply.  My Winsor also had a sat antenna when we bought it, My friend wants mount one on his roof, The wires (power and coax) should already be there, from what I have read someplace, we are just looking for info on where to drill to find them. 

Jerry,

On my 04 Endeavor there was a place marked on the roof to access the satellite wires.

• 1 month later...

We switched from Direct TV to Dish back in September 2019 to save $33 per month with more channels.  There are some features on the remote that we don't like, but the pros far outweigh the cons!  We put a Hopper 3 in the house and a Wally with tailgater antenna , OTA adapter, and external hard drive in the MH.  I mounted the Tailgater on a King MB700 quick-release mount to be able to quickly move it to a portable tripod when needed.  

1 hour ago, willbo777 said:

What about the issue of East and West arc on Dish?  It seems from what I can learn if I spend my time or have a service address say in Denver I would get West arc, but would I be able to get Dish in northern or eastern Maine?

The Winegard Pathway X2 will do both Western and Eastern arc.

https://winegard.com/products/satellite-tv/portable-antennas/pathway-x2/pathway-x2

Bob

19 hours ago, willbo777 said:

I don't want a portable antenna.  But thanks.

The Winegard Traveler can also do the Western and Eastern arc although when doing the Eastern arc it will only do the 61.5 satellite. That is not a big deal because just about everything is on that satellite including HD locals. You will have to reset the receiver anytime you change the dish antenna. We have a dish installed behind our garage that we connect to coach receive to when the motorhome is in the garage. It is skewed to the Eastern arc and picks up both satellites. Because of that we have to reset the receiver when changing between the Eastern arc on the Traveler and the dish behind the garage. We took off the Western arc LNB on the Traveler and replaced it with an Eastern arc LNB just like the one on our dish behind the garage because the Western LNB was giving us a problem. I have it in the basement of the coach just in case we get so far west that we can't pick up the 61.5 bird. The LNB that comes with the Traveler for Dish will work for both Western and Eastern arcs but it only receives one satellite when set for 61.5. Maybe Winegard has improved the Traveler since ours but we converted our Traveler from Direct to Dish and when it is programmed for the Eastern arc it will not skew tune so can only pick up the single satellite. When set for the Western arc the Traveler is considered to be in multi-satellite mode and skews the dish so that three birds are received. The Western and Eastern arc satellites are in different locations in the sky and the difference is significant enough that when one locations is blocked by trees the opportunity exists to change to the other arc to avoid the trees.

Edited by Bob Nodine