Aladdin Reset Switch

Lynn Hales
Go to solution Solved by Frank McElroy,

Since buying our 06 Diplomat I've been trying to understand and get the Aladdin system running reliably.  I found this buried behind the heater/ac panel and wondered if it is the reset switch often referred to?  Otherwise I've certainly not been able to find any reset switch. Thanks Lynn

image.thumb.jpeg.6e7be726ca171dd7822da824a400b66c.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Lynn Hales said:

Since buying our 06 Diplomat I've been trying to understand and get the Aladdin system running reliably.  I found this buried behind the heater/ac panel and wondered if it is the reset switch often referred to?  Otherwise I've certainly not been able to find any reset switch. Thanks Lynn

image.thumb.jpeg.6e7be726ca171dd7822da824a400b66c.jpeg

That box and switch are for your keyless entry system and keyfob.

The Aladdin reset switch is generally a Carlings Technology switch located someplace. Mine is in the overhead cabinet above the driver's seat.

Lynn,

I also have a 2006 Dip and don’t know that the Aladdin Jr. system in our coaches has a reset switch. If it does, I haven’t found it in 5+ years of digging around in the wiring in this coach. 

I have, however, reset my Aladdin Jr by disconnecting the 12v power for 30+- seconds. 

Good point, Scotty. He didn't clarify which Aladdin System he has in his coach.

I really don't know the differences between a regular Aladdin and the Junior Aladdin other than possibly the Junior has less features. menus and screens.

Edited by Dr4Film

I agree w @Scotty Hutto in that my 06 Dip w Aladdin Jr does not have a reset switch.   That pic is of the keyless entry by Trimark. What's the Aladdin doing?

Thanks for all the comments and help. I'm not sure it it is an Aladdin or Jr.  But the current problem is that the Weldex display is just a blue screen. I can hit the menu on it and it will allow me to scroll through a menu and change a few camera settings but I can't get back to the Aladdin system where you can use the joy stick to move through its options. I'll disconnect the 12v this afternoon and see if the Weldex/Aladdin comes back up in a different state.  When I bought the coach 18 months ago the Weldex display was backwards. Not sure how I got it to reverse properly but I I somehow. Thanks LynnIMG_2012.thumb.jpeg.ccd97a9556ce0943d7703ed760140299.jpegIMG_2011.thumb.jpeg.0ddc20eeb7c4f21adafb240ad78ded6d.jpeg

• Solution
On 9/10/2022 at 9:36 PM, Scotty Hutto said:

Lynn,

I also have a 2006 Dip and don’t know that the Aladdin Jr. system in our coaches has a reset switch. If it does, I haven’t found it in 5+ years of digging around in the wiring in this coach. 

I have, however, reset my Aladdin Jr by disconnecting the 12v power for 30+- seconds. 

The 2008 Dynasty came with and Aladdin Jr.  Before I upgraded my original Aladdin Jr to a full Aladdin system, the Aladdin Jr reset switch was in the bin above the entry door next to the PS seat.

The only difference between the full Aladdin and the Aladdin JR is the program memory chip installed on the Aladdin Video Coach Systems Monitor circuit board inside the case. 

If you were to change that program memory chip (it plugs into a socket on the circuit board) you can get all the screen displays of a full Aladdin.  However you would still need the extra modules for tank monitoring and house inverter for those options to work.

The circuit board boots up when 12 volt DC is applied.  When you power down Aladdin it basically goes into sleep mode.  To reboot, you must remove 12 volt power.

John, I've got to conclude I don't have a reset switch since there was nothing down on the firewall under the steering column.

Bob when I "Power Down Aladdin" it turned off the display and the light over the joy stick went out. Moving the joy stick turned it back on. 

I'd guess I've got to say all is well. It just seems to me that when I have the blue screen on the Weldex there should be a very simple and straight forward way of getting directly back to the Aladdin displays.

Thanks to everyone. Frank your final clarifying comments make it as clear as possible to this newbie. Lynn