New A/C unit needed

Chargerman

So I found out today that Dometic will not be able to ship a CCC2 thermostat for six weeks. Really not a big deal since the Coach will be put to bed for the Winter but I’d like to get that front A/C installed while I’m doing the end of season servicing so we’re good to go in May. I located a new in box one on eBay and snagged it. Cancelled my other one and will save $60. 👍

The new Ccc2 thermostat arrived Saturday so today I replaced the front A/C unit. The swap went well without any unexpected challenges. I swapped out the thermostat and was pleasantly surprised that it was as easy as just transferring the phone jack style cord over to the new thermostat. When I started it up and realized that it did not display “Furnace” I found that I had to go back up and flip the  furnace dip switch on both new units. After that the furnace was present and both new units ran fine under all of the modes. Check that one off the never ending list. 

8 minutes ago, Chargerman said:

The new Ccc2 thermostat arrived Saturday so today I replaced the front A/C unit. The swap went well without any unexpected challenges. I swapped out the thermostat and was pleasantly surprised that it was as easy as just transferring the phone jack style cord over to the new thermostat. When I started it up and realized that it did not display “Furnace” I found that I had to go back up and flip the  furnace dip switch on both new units. After that the furnace was present and both new units ran fine under all of the modes. Check that one off the never ending list. 

Great.  AS A WORD OF CAUTION or HOW TO KEEP FROM GOING CRAZY....

Dometic ships the units with a BLAND or maybe inaccurate Dip Switch setting.  If you have a 2 AC setup like Steven's, then the NEW CC2 MIGHT be smart enough to figure out the "chain of command"....as the first Unit Downstream of the CC2 is the front.  Then the next unit has to be number 2.  In the ORIGINAL CC setup, the Front....which was the First....had NO DIP SWITCH set to ZONE 1....there is NO Zone 1 DIP.  BUT, the second one, the next in line, had to be set to ZONE 2 or have that DIP on.....that is how it designated the Unit or Zone Number.  Monaco had to program them for each location and how many zones and whether there was a Furnace also..

Likewise, there appears to be a FURNACE DIP like the forerunner, CC, SO, if your old DIP's had Furnace ON in the DIP, then you have to do that for the new units.

The Installation manual tells you how....