Kwikee Electric Step Well Cover support blocks

Go to solution Solved by Tom Cherry,

Looking for a part number/source of supply for the plastic support blocks that support the step cover when extended. Contacted Lippert and they sent me a blue print for the step cover assembly but it does not show this part anywhere and the Rep couldn't find it. Internet search has not turned up anything either. Don't know how helpful REV would be and I don't have a clue where else to get a replacement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

16637951014891523294365135214395.jpg

• Solution

WOW.  bummer.  I, too, did a little digging.  I could not find anything on the internet. The step you have, MEMORY, if it is a double step, was recalled.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/recall/ccd_0002553.pdf

However, the date of 5/25/07 would have put the recalled units, more than likely, on the 08 units....just based on logistics.  SOME could have been on the 07's...

If Lippert doesn't have the parts, then I have no other ideas....other than to find a machine shop and have some made from metal and go from there.  All the 3D printing might work....but if this is not a high demand item, then those individuals would probably not be involved.  Pity Lippert does not provide the information on them.

I did find the "Lippert Steps" parts page.  and there are 91 items....but no support pieces nor included in the various sub assemblies.

My question....did you go into Lippert  PARTS within the Lippert System or did you go to Customer/Tech Support.  I have found the parts folks know a LOT more.  For whatever reason....and this is in the Hydraulic Slide domain, Lippert's OEM numbers....that they sold to Monaco....and put on the build sheets are NOT in the Tech Support data base.  Get the Lippert PN from the step or your build sheet.  Then go into Lippert Parts on the voice prompts.  I finally was transferred from Slide Tech Support to Parts as the individual could NOT find my unit....since he only had the Aftermarket PN.  Crazy....YES.  But it was what the Parts Rep told me. The parts folks were quick to tell me exactly what I needed and VERY WELL INFORMED.

Good Luck....

15 hours ago, Old Dog said:

Appreciate the 3D Print option, is the "make your own replacement" the only option?

Let's see if someone else replies, but the main reason why Paul took the time it takes to make an STL file and graciously sharing it with the group was to make a stronger replacement part.  Offline, I sent Paul a message.  I think he'll either post here or contact you.

9 hours ago, Old Dog said:

REV website still had some so I'm going that option, thx to all.

Don,

Sorry for the confusion.  That makes sense now.  Could you expand a little on the Rev "OPTION".  Did you find the Support Bracket on REV.  Do you have a Part Number or REV item? I looked again and did not find the bumper or the support bracket or whatever the proper name is. 

If you get a part number or a link, please post it so Frank McElroy can add it to the Parts List.

Thanks/ 

38 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

Don,

Sorry for the confusion.  That makes sense now.  Could you expand a little on the Rev "OPTION".  Did you find the Support Bracket on REV.  Do you have a Part Number or REV item? I looked again and did not find the bumper or the support bracket or whatever the proper name is. 

If you get a part number or a link, please post it so Frank McElroy can add it to the Parts List.

Thanks/ 

Tom, the part number is in the STL file description.

1 hour ago, Frank McElroy said:

Tom, the part number is in the STL file description.

Thanks....I figured that out.....BUT, for the REST of the posters.  

NEVER, EVER assume Monaco did things the same.  Frank and I exchanged pictures. The step cover on the Dynasty (and above) is totally different from the Camelot.  The Supports, as they are called, are NOT used on the Camelots (perhaps lower).  I have NO plastic Support brackets of such on either side of the step well....as does the Dynasty, per Frank's photos.

Here is the picture of the Camelot step cover....focused on the LEFT side.  Frank's Dynasty is different.    

YES, our cover comes out....and at the end of the EXTEND travel, the single motor raises the Cover so it is flush with the tile floor.  Mine is the last year (2008) of the Kwikee Dayton Single Motor unit.  Kwikee went to the DUAL motors...same, probably, as the OUTSIDE Step Motors.  Now WHY the step well cover stays UP and supports weight (my wife and I have stood on it - individually- on it all the time), I haven't a clue.  The picture of the step itself shows the cover, when retracted, is about 2" lower....and the step itself if probably 6" high....or the carpet piece.

Learned a LOT.  Glad the poster got his new brackets.  Paul's per Frank, are much stronger.  NOW I know....

Colonel Duckwitz's comment about ASSUMING that there is only ONE type of "Whatever" on a Monaco MH is the fallacy that we all get into.

IMG_2736.JPEG