1997 Monaco Executive

Jcparmley

5 minutes ago, waterskier_1 said:

No.  It has a mechanical engine, therefore there is no ECU or data associated with a computer controlled engine (which went into production the following year).

- Rick N 

Oh, that's no good.  I was hoping it did so I could use my Bluefire.  I thought the M11 had the celect injector so there must be a computer somewhere but it must not transmit any other data such as temps, etc.  Is that correct?

1997-1998 were transition years for Cummins and Monaco.  More than likely it's a mechanical engine but depending on when the chassis and engine were built there were a few electronic engines.  Those mechanical engines are highly sought after.  

• Like 1

I also thought you would have the celect system and that would have diag connector but possibly different looking than the 6 pin that came after it, maybe square looking 4 pin with one twisted pair plus power. I think I have seen posts about them on M11 in 1995 Sigs already.

Just saw this on the internet so it must be true...

"The Cummins CELECT system was introduced in 1990 and used through 1994. This system was used on the popular N14 and M11 engines. There are 73 possible codes for these models, and all of them are covered in step-by-step Cummins Troubleshooting documents"

Edited by Ivan K

Our 2000 isn't much younger in the big picture and we love it. You'll get all the goodies of that era. I like the relative simplicity and would not have any big concerns with fully mechanical engine, if it really has one. M11 has a good reputation as far as I know as a predecessor of our ISM. I would just make sure that the gauges and idiot lights work, since the monitoring would be up to you alone. Good luck!

• Like 1