2001 Monaco Dynasty transmissions check light came on

Go to solution Solved by Dr4Film,

My 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack transmission check light came on. I got to the campground and and unhooked my tow vehicle, now the engine won’t start. Setting in the middle of the road and need help please. 

We need to first figure out if the "no start" is related to the transmission light.  

When you say no start do you mean it will not crank over, or it cranks and doesn't fire?

What condition is your chassis battery?

Did you try the battery boost switch?

Does the generator run and will your inverter charge the batteries?

2 hours ago, cbr046 said:

Loose or corroded battery connection?  Alternator issue? 

- b

That’s what I was wandering the post are clean and tight. The came host had a battery charger with start bost,  I got it started and backed in the camp site , the transmission light didn’t come back on so I’m guessing it might be  the alternator. 

Thanks. I’m new at these motorhomes I’ll Google Sliver Leaf and see what it takes to install. 

SilverLeaf is a good monitoring system for the engine and transmission while driving. There are other systems that are good for monitoring the power, battery and charging systems when stationary.

Do your research and due diligence on all of the systems to learn as much ad you can.

I value you guys knowledge on theses Monaco Motorhome Homes, we have came to the conclusion that the alternator is only putting out 10.5 volts which is  no where enough to keep the coach running. My question would be. What’s everyone’s opinion on rebuilding it or buying new. Not sure what the rebuilding will be as the business doesn’t open for another hour, the cost of a new one is from 650. To 800. Dollars. 

I had my alternator rebuilt ~10 years ago for $185,  The shop turned it around in 24 hours.  I called the company I use to work for that does lots of heavy equipment repair and they recommended the shop.  As long as nothing major is wrong I think rebuild is the way to go.  One issue is that your rig probably has a DUVAC charging system and although you can install one that doesn't have this you would have to change some wiring. 

I agree with Richard on the Silverleaf (ot other system).  I have mine set up to monitor all the vital info but I also have alarms set up for high engine & transmission temp, low oil presssre and voltage.

AJ Electric has a Leece Neville 200 amp Duvac alternator for about $400.  I bought a new one from them and kept my old one for a backup.  If you want to go through Amazon the cost is a bit more but with free shipping.