basement compressor

Guest Dtmonaco

Guest Dtmonaco

i have a 2000 Monaco La Palma, under the drivers side basement there is a compressor, under the dash next to my left knee is a air gauge with a toggle switch, I don't know what the compressor is for, it doesn't seem to work, the gauge under dash doesn't show any pounds pressure even when I flip the toggle or twist the valve to increase or decrease pressure, there is a hose from compressor tank that reads "air brake" but this is a ford gas v-10 motor. is this an air assist for brakes? brakes seem to work good but not getting assistance from air. I cant follow air lines or the gauge under dash either, don't see where it goes. also its not for air bags cause there is none in front, just shocks (Bilstein)  any guesses??  second picture is looking down at it, Thanks, Tom

IMG_3197.JPG

IMG_3198.JPG

I will take a wild guess that it was added aftermarket by a previous owner. It may have been used for pumping up tires, mattress, etc. or could have been used for aftermarket air springs that have since been removed. I don't think I would loose any sleep over it and if it does not work you might be better off to just remove it.