How have others updated the TV / Audio system in their rigs?

Hello Everyone,  

I have a 2007 Cayman that I would like to update the TV and audio systems.  The current original systems have the dash Radio / DVD player two TV's (Front and Bedroom) and a fun pile of wires and switch box to control it all.  I would like to add support for a Blue Ray Player, a Chromecast and update the Radio for Bluetooth support and other modern features. 

The current switch box in the front cubby is only RF cables switch and then the sound system amplifier(? I think).  Trying to hook up the blue ray and the chromecast via a HDMI -> RCA and then the switch box has been a P.I.T.A. 

Thinking of redoing the cabinets over the driver area to have a swing down large screen.  The old sharp tube unit is lacking compared to the ones at the house. 

What systems and equipment have others added / used?  What rewiring have you done?  

I dumped all the old stuff and went with Samsung smart TVs with multiple HDMI ports up front and rear, plus Fire stick and DVD/Blue ray for each. Modified both cabinets. Problem solved. Never used the player in bedroom once. No switch box needed, all switching done in the TVs and TV sound can play through the existing Bose system but hardly ever use it. This is the only RCA connection, sound only. Still have coax front to rear for TV antenna and dual Dish receiver's RF output, works fine with the smaller size TV in bedroom.  Plenty of options to upgrade your radio receiver, I went with Pioneer. 

I also have a few Bose speakers in my 2007 Monaco Dynasty but have no idea how to get them to work. I had a Samsung tv installed and was told everything he could plug in was but I only get sound out of the tv. 🤷‍♂️ Anyone know how to get them to work? I figured it’s just out dated.

Thanks Don 

My Bose surround speakers are driven by a receiver and subwoofer box, all original. I don't know of TVs with a speaker output anymore, used to be on some but there could be a headphone jack to use as a source for external sound system. I use that with the outside Fire TV for a Bluetooth speaker too.

4 minutes ago, Donflem said:

That makes since I never found a receiver found a base under the sink so no sound. I’m thinking a sound bar would help.

I've purchased a few sound bars with sub's for both the coach and house.

Decent sounding bar & sub combo's start at about $300USD. I've been in homes with cheaper units, that I don't think sound much or any better than a flatscreen TV speakers!

Just recently installed a Klipsch unit in my livingroom that sounds great.

There are tons of options.

But the basics are to pull out all of the out of date non HDMI stuff and put modern HDMI equipment in.

If you want more capable control than just a standard IR remote control, then make sure you start by thinking of the control system and THEN all of the devices to control as no control system controls all hardware.

Think about use modes:  Driving, campsite w/ WiFi Internet, camping with no WiFi.

15 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Ok..... Can you get out the door without raising the screen??

Yes but you have to push it to the side. Again this is a rollup screen, it's not attached at the bottom, just hanging.