Steam Cleaner - Wow - Just Wow.

Go to solution Solved by Tom Wallis,

Great write up again Bob.

Unfortunately, Amazon will not deliver to our US address because of "warranty" issuues?

• Thanks 1

US Amazon

12 minutes ago, Jim McGarvie said:

Make sure you search for the item on the Amazon US website.

Thanks. I just found it and it is even cheaper. 

Edited by myrontruex
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Don't know if you guys know about these Steam Cleaners (I'm usually the last to know) but the other day I realized, that after 5 years of full-timing, I should probably clean the tile floor. I recalled how my Mom used to do it, on her hands and knees with a scrub brush and buckets of soapy water, and I thought, there must be a better way. 

Anyway, long story short, I bought the Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner on a lark. Well, not really a lark, after reading all 15,000 reviews I finally decided it was worth the $230 CAD (about $167 USD). 

Wow. Just wow. Other than the tile floor, the main reason for buying it was to get rid of the cooking grease stains on the white fuzzy ceiling above my microwave. Then I realized it could also do the carpets. Then I realized it could do the mirrors and glass windows. Then I realized it could do the roof. Then I realized I could steam clean the interior of my car and the windows in the car. Finally, I put it to the acid test, I have a piece of carpet outside under my awning that has been there for years. You know how hard it is to clean the window channels and the fungus that grows in them? Not anymore. 

I absolutely cannot believe how useful this device has been. Steam clean the toilet? How about the interior walls? Want to remove years of Pledge from your cabinets? How about the felt headboard that gets grease from your hair on it over the years? 

I did the carpets with the expensive ($800) Bissel Cleaner. It was good. This is better. How about the couch? It's really hard to find something you cannot clean with the steam cleaner. Defrosting the old Norcold freezer? You'd be shocked how fast that goes with pressurized steam....My neighbors saw me doing it, now they ALL have one. This is an amazing device and I happened to come across it when trying to find a way to not scrub the floors. 

Speaking of which, vacuuming the tile floor takes maybe 3 minutes. Steam cleaning it takes slightly more. I'm not kidding. And it dries virtually instantly. Same as the carpets, because you are using pressurized steam. Got spots in the carpet you can't get rid of? Not anymore. I've even used the d*** thing to melt the grease off my George Foreman grill in the nooks and crannies you can't get at any other way. 

You guys may already know all about these things but I didn't. I had not idea they had become portable or so cheap. The last one I used was in the 80's to clean the engine in my car at school and it was about $5,000.....but man, it did the job.

I've yet to use it on the outside of the unit (other than the windows) but I will. And I am sure it will be excellent. Not the greatest picture to show how small it is but you know the cabinet under the sink in the kitchen? It easily fits in there although I leave it out all the time now because it takes up dick for space and I use it often so I want it handy. 

You know what's really weird though? I've cleaned lots of things with cleaners but when they are steam cleaned the surfaces just feel different. Like there is nothing on them at all. Btw, all those chemicals you use for cleaning? You can replace them all with straight water which is what the steam cleaner uses *no* cleaners or additives, just water. 

The link at the top has better pictures. 

20221007_224146.jpg

20220603_132918.jpg

20220603_141942.jpg

Thanks Bob!  You totally sold me on that cleaner.  I happened to look on amazon.ca and they had a pre-owned one in good condition I was able to buy for $150 Cdn!  

• Thanks 1

• Solution

Well Bob, you're a pretty good salesman. I just ordered one from Amazon.com for $175. If it works half as good as you say it will be worth the money. It gets 4.5 stars from over 16,000 reviews so it must be pretty good.

Our steam cleaner arrived yesterday. Promptly put the grandson at cleaning the grill. I did not even put the box away or the accessories. Opened it right int he back yard and fired it up.

It takes a long time to heat up and does spit hot water at first or if left sitting for a few minutes allows the steam to return to a liquid state in the hose. No big deal, just shoot it into a bowl or out of the direction.

The amount of steam and the length of a tank (1 gallon approx), is amazing. I believe it will run non-stop for nearly an hour. You need to let it cool for 15-20 minutes before refilling.

After getting the grill and Blackstone sparkling clean It spent the night in the garage where it cleaned one of my little lawn tractors. Then an old chair got some of it too. It is stunning how much steam this thing makes.

Took it into the RV while the wife was out and started on the tile floor. She keeps the place immaculate when she is able so the grout was not very dirty. A couple of simple passes over the grout and a terry cloth towel and the floor sparkles. I did use the floor attachment to go over the large areas versus just the grout.

Then I put the window attachment on and hit the mirrors in the living area. Spotless in seconds. The bathroom got the same squeegee treatment and the mirror did as well.

The squeegee cleaned the stubborn closet mirrors in the bedroom spotlessly in a couple of minutes. The hall window got it too.

The little brush attachment used for the grout was used around the edges of the shower and the wife came home about that time and dared to aske me if it would clean the microwave.

Popping a fresh little brush on and a clean cloth and in three minutes it shined inside and out. The glass was spotless. 

The device came with an array of attachments and seem to be quite robust. 

I hope this helps anyone considering one.

22 minutes ago, myrontruex said:

Our steam cleaner arrived yesterday.

Ditto to what Myron said. Ours arrived yesterday also and the story is very similar. Last night I cleaned the arms on 4 upholstered kitchen chairs. I used the small triangle tool wrapped with a microfiber cloth and we were amazed at how much dirt was picked up by the cloth. The chairs look really good now. Then I went and did the shower floor and was really happy with the results there also.

This morning the sun was shinning through our sliding glass door and it looked pretty bad so I used the squeegee tool and cleaned it. The sun was still shinning through it when I finished and of course that is the acid test for clean windows and it passed with flying colors.

This afternoon I headed for the motorhome with it and took on the carpets and the kitchen floor. I had the carpets professionally cleaned last year and I think they look just as good this time. One thing I learned from a Youtube video is to spot the carpet first with ammonia or hydrogen peroxide. I used Awesome that I buy at the dollar store, which has ammonia and is great for cleaning just about anything.

So far I'm very happy with this cute little machine and I've got plenty more thing to try it on.

14 hours ago, Tom Wallis said:

Ditto to what Myron said. Ours arrived yesterday also and the story is very similar. Last night I cleaned the arms on 4 upholstered kitchen chairs. I used the small triangle tool wrapped with a microfiber cloth and we were amazed at how much dirt was picked up by the cloth. The chairs look really good now. Then I went and did the shower floor and was really happy with the results there also.

This morning the sun was shinning through our sliding glass door and it looked pretty bad so I used the squeegee tool and cleaned it. The sun was still shinning through it when I finished and of course that is the acid test for clean windows and it passed with flying colors.

This afternoon I headed for the motorhome with it and took on the carpets and the kitchen floor. I had the carpets professionally cleaned last year and I think they look just as good this time. One thing I learned from a Youtube video is to spot the carpet first with ammonia or hydrogen peroxide. I used Awesome that I buy at the dollar store, which has ammonia and is great for cleaning just about anything.

So far I'm very happy with this cute little machine and I've got plenty more thing to try it on.

Let me send you my address . . . .

- bob

• Haha 1