Weep Hole Covers

The atwood covers are no longer produced, and I think pretty much every retailer is out of stock. I have designed and 3d printed some in PETG, but not sure how strong/reliable they would be in the long run.  After I do a few more test fits I will share the 3d printer files, but is there a large market for these? Me personally, the wind noise drives me crazy so I want some and my coach is missing all of them!

If I was able to injection mold some, would people want them? Just trying to see if there is demand to justify me and my son making them. 

weepholecover.jpg

• Thanks 3

I need at least 10 in black.  But I don't have access to a 3D printer.  Naturally, I would be willing to pay someone to make them.  However, even if you found 1000's of people who need them, would that make for a profitable business?  I hate the wind noise, too.  

Are there places like well-known chains such as Fedex-Kinkos that do 3D printing nowadays?

• Like 1

My son works in a place where making the molding is not that difficult, so my cost to get things setup would not be extravagant. Or maybe we would just have them make it a product they sell. Break even for me is fine, as I learn something in the process.

Some libraries will 3d print files for you.

• Like 1

I would like to try and print some. Maybe use ABS?

Would likely buy them if you offered injection molded versions.  I have a few extras right now, but seems like I lose 1-2 every trip, and the wind noise seems to be well tuned to my hearing aid frequencies… (I.e., drives me crazy!)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, olywrestle said:

I am not setup for ABS printing. If you are setup, I will try to have the stl files uploaded by tommorrow and you can give it a shot.

I am set up for ABS, but my ABS guru is @pwhittle Paul Whittle. He prints ABS almost exclusively and is very knowledgeable.  I’ll try it myself, the call Paul to help me troubleshoot. 🤣

• Like 1

Yes, would be interested in both left/right covers. Just by chance have you checked Winnebago, someone said they purchased the the copyrights to produce from Atwood before their sale. Last ones I purchased last year was from a Winnebago. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 10Boomer said:

Yes, would be interested in both left/right covers. Just by chance have you checked Winnebago, someone said they purchased the the copyrights to produce from Atwood before their sale. Last ones I purchased last year was from a Winnebago. 

I did not know that! Do you have the winnebago PN's by chance?

What exactly are you all talking about? Sorry if I am asking an obvious question. Only owned my coach for a year so have never heard of this. Are these the little pieces in the lower rails of the windows?

Edited by Rodger

4 minutes ago, Rodger said:

What exactly are you all talking about? Sorry if I am asking an obvious question? Only owned my coach for a year so have never heard of this. Are these the little pieces in the lower rails of the windows?

On the outside of the coach, at the bottom of the windows are small holes/slots that lets inside condensation leak to the outside of the coach. There is plastic covers that go over them to stop wind noise from coming in those holes. The covers break off pretty frequently. 

***they are black, not white. The white one in my picture is one I 3d printed.

Screenshot 2022-10-19 074909.jpg

Edited by olywrestle
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, olywrestle said:

I did not know that! Do you have the winnebago PN's by chance?

I’m on the road in Williams, currently working on a broken ride height valve. I think I still have packing with a couple left hand covers. When I get a chance I’ll look and post picture and package. 

The Atwood part numbers for this specific style were 130-030397 (Passenger), and 130-030398 (Driver).  Yes, Winnebago has/had a number for them as well, but I wasn't successful at finding anyone that still had them.  I don't recall what the Winnebago part number was, and I didn't record it.  Sorry.  But I think the old (found online) Winnebago parts catalog has them listed with the Winnebago part number.  At least that's where I remember finding it.

Edited by CorinthWest

37 minutes ago, olywrestle said:

On the outside of the coach, at the bottom of the windows are small holes/slots that lets inside condensation leak to the outside of the coach. There is plastic covers that go over them to stop wind noise from coming in those holes. The covers break off pretty frequently. 

***they are black, not white. The white one in my picture is one I 3d printed.

Screenshot 2022-10-19 074909.jpg

Thanks. I have a friend who loves having an excuse to 3D print something. I see above you said you would share the file. I will see if he can print a few for me. 

I used to buy them on Amazon but they haven't been available for about 4 years now. Here is the link to the Atwood brand right side and it gives the Winnebago part # also. They come up as "CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE". I would definitely be interested in buying a few.

In the past when I had one missing I would put a piece of black electrical tape over the hole to stop the noise. It's a good temporary fix and very inconspicuous.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ODIMHZQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Tom Wallis

My son had designed left and right versions and then 3D printed several of each for me in ABS. 1 year and 9,000 miles later these are all still in place. 
I can get the files and make it available.

would you want the files?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Martinvz said:

My son had designed left and right versions and then 3D printed several of each for me in ABS. 1 year and 9,000 miles later these are all still in place. 
I can get the files and make it available.

would you want the files?

If you have a tried and proven version, I think people would be interested in them. I just barely designed and printed mine, so drive time with them yet.