Weep Hole Covers

There’s a guy on eBay who sells the  ones we need. He makes them, they’re labeled Left and Right. He posts a link redirecting you to his site from eBay and charges  $23.00/pair, which is insane: https://www.shapeways.com/product/J3PQ6BCJV/left-right-weep-hole-covers?li=shareProduct&optionId=267954978

1 hour ago, FLynes said:

$23.00/pair, which is insane

At $23/pr, I believe I could make a business case to buy a couple of new 3D printers.  

Being the kind and generous soul that I am, I’m happy to do them for $20/pair, shipping included.  I’ll even include a hand-written thank you note!!!  🤣🤪😂

Seriously, I think I paid about $2/ea last time I bought them…

I am working on printing Martin’s version in ABS, and am happy to make some for folks that don’t have a 3D printer.  As long as you’re patient…

• Like 6

I would pay about $5 individually for a few, or about $3.50-$4.00 in quantity of 20 or more, including shipping.  On mine, the legs that latch into the outer edges of the two weep holes are 1.75 inches apart, and the legs are only 0.25 inches in length.  The notch on the leg for hooking the cover is less than half that.

I suspect the variances in the measurements from one motorhome to another may discourage manufacture and distribution of these... but I would really applaud anyone with the guts to try!

In the meantime I think I will move the ones I have toward the front to try to diminish the noise nearer to the driver and passenger..  I just have to figure out how to remove them without breaking the legs off !!!

Edited by Steve P

I've been making these on my son's 3d printer for my own use since last year. They are made with black nylon. I can make some for those of you without a 3d printer source. PM me with amount needed. I'm thinking of going to The Gathering with a bagful as party favors. :>)

Edited by DVerstra
added material used
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Scotty Hutto said:

At $23/pr, I believe I could make a business case to buy a couple of new 3D printers.  

Being the kind and generous soul that I am, I’m happy to do them for $20/pair, shipping included.  I’ll even include a hand-written thank you note!!!  🤣🤪😂

I am working on printing Martin’s version in ABS, and am happy to make some for folks that don’t have a 3D printer.  As long as you’re patient…

Scotty,

I am a very patient man. If you can make me 20 of each, I’d be eternally grateful and gladly pay you for them.

I will take 14 driver's and 18 passenger side, please. And yes I will be patient.

4 hours ago, Scotty Hutto said:

On 10/24/2022 at 10:46 AM, Scotty Hutto said:

Scotty - Sent you a PM.  I am thinking I will need 8 left and 8 right.  And I am as patient as you need.

Check your public library for 3d printing.   I just found out mine has one that’s free to use, you just have to pay for materials.   Now my questions:

1) is the download a “STL” file?

2) is the filament the type of plastic used?

3) is PLA suitable for this use?   From the library “All filament is PLA. Choose from Orange, Purple, Yellow, Green, Blue, Red, Brown, Grey, Translucent, Black. Glow in the Dark (Green) and White.”    Glow in the dark?   Tempting lol

4) is 10 cents per gram a reasonable material fee?

Thank you.  

STL is STereo Lithography, and is the 3D model that you run through a slicer program to generate the commands for your printer and the filament you are going to print.

PLA is not really water or heat resistant. ABS or PETG or ASA would be better.

I pay about $22/kilogram for filament, so if they are providing the printer to do the printing, that is pretty fair.

Paul

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2022 at 10:46 AM, Scotty Hutto said:

Scott, please put me down for 16 Right, and 8 Left. 

Thanks!!

While waiting for replacement covers, I'm going to move a couple from the rear of the coach up to the passenger and Door window.  

Is it possible to remove an old one with damage?

Any tricks to getting one out?

Thanks!

All,

I’ve gotten several messages requesting weep hole covers…. But I’ve been traveling on business and unable to respond to everyone. I am finally back home…

I will try to respond to everyone’s requests this weekend…

This weekend I will work on perfecting the print in ABS, and figuring out how many I can print at one time. Assuming I can perfect the print, my thinking is that I will print in batches (for example, 10 left, 10 right) and will send out in multiples of the batch size, just to keep it simple.

I’ve got a lot of travel scheduled over the next two weeks, so it may take a while. After Nov. 15 I will be home for at least two weeks, and hope to be able to work on this a lot more during that time.

Like I mentioned, please be patient.  

• Like 2

I would like to say thank you for th stl file for the weep hole covers. Our motorhome only had 4 on the drivers window. I wound up making 30 for the left and rt side.This forum is a great place to get information about our coaches. Once again thanks to all.

20221028_162819.jpg

20221028_162732.jpg

• Like 1