Weep Hole Covers

On 12/4/2022 at 8:03 AM, dandick66 said:

Would you please post the new file on the site?  My son has a 3D printer and willing be able to print mine.  Thanks.

Dan

Carey - how much are you charging for these (per set?) for those members w/o printers? Thanks!

Bart from Virginia

Bart,

It's a little business project for my 9 and 6 year old grandsons. (with the help of their dad of course)  They are charging a dollar a piece for the covers and then they are mailing them in a Priority Mail box, with tracking for $10. That's exactly what it cost them to ship it.

Carey

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Idoc57 said:

Bart,

It's a little business project for my 9 and 6 year old grandsons. (with the help of their dad of course)  They are charging a dollar a piece for the covers and then they are mailing them in a Priority Mail box, with tracking for $10. That's exactly what it cost them to ship it.

Carey

Hey thanks! I just printed off my first set & ready for a test install.

On 12/7/2022 at 3:01 AM, Idoc57 said:

Carey - Thanks for posting these stl files.  I added them to our files section under downloads with your name as the author.  Before folks can download them they will need to agree that they are to be used only for their own personal use.  Again, thank you so much for posting these 3d printer files.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Carey, the weep hole covers are awesome! They are a perfect fit don’t think they need any glue or caulk, they are really snug.

We think they look sharp and no more whistling when getting passed!!!!

Sorry this is not a better picture…

I suggest you post around on the many Monaco versions of Facebook pages and really get those kids cranking, have never seen an older Monaco that isn’t missing some!

Thanks again and Happy Holidays to your family,

R

8412773F-A8D5-4870-B9EF-02C6B863A120.jpeg

Thanks, Robby!

We are all so glad that you like them.  Both of the grandsons are here spending a few days with us.  They are excited to experience the next phase of "the business"!  Customer feedback.  You are the first to actually get your covers installed and leave some feedback.  I know that a couple more guys should get theirs tomorrow.  We are looking forward to hearing from them as well.  I don't think that I have mentioned it yet, but the boys have decided to contribute 10% of their profit to SLEEP IN HEAVENLY PEACE, a charity that builds beds for children who don't have a bed.  

Once again Robby, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.  I hope you and all the Monacoers on this forum have a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year!

Carey

• Like 6

Thank you, Scotty!

It is a great chance for them to learn about how a business operates, and I am very grateful that you and the other administrators are allowing them this opportunity.  We are developing an appreciation for the adage "Not all Monacos are created alike".  Even though most all of the windows that people have on their coaches are the same, we have come across at least two other versions that are quite different.  (Actually, one of those was a Safari)  Some of the early 2000's Monacos had weep hole covers that snapped in from the bottom instead of from the side.  My son is in the process of designing a prototype for those windows with the help of one of our members, Tim-AZ , as he owns a coach with these windows and can test fitment for us.  

This has been a learning experience for all of us!  

Carey

Okay, Carey - I don't mean to embarrass you, but I have to tell everyone what a wonderful bunch of grand-kids you have.  They have really touched my heart.  In the mail today, here is what I found:

IMG_1177.thumb.jpg.2ae473ce4af4e8614a0fc49c16c7bde5.jpgIMG_1178.thumb.jpg.227724c05dd81b76a779de2760fd5254.jpgIMG_1179.thumb.jpg.a618012fab1962bb25108bfe3fc81925.jpg 

These things are QUALITY.  I have some (14?) of the last Atwood's (one side only) from when they were still available.  I wouldn't put them on the coach now if they were all that was left (I obviously didn't).  These replacements fit snug (no RTV required), are built more durable, and should last LONGER than the originals.  Carey, your grand-kids hit a home run on this one, and I  am VERY much appreciative.  They solved a substantial problem for me.  Now if I can just get Henry to learn how to spell "order" (this made me laugh).  Thank you, Carey.  And please convey my appreciation to your very special grand-kids.  You are one lucky dude.

Edited by CorinthWest
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rikki, I just finished PM'ing a bunch of folks with new order requests and jumped back on to the main thread only to see your post.  My wife was putting the boys to bed upstairs and I called out to her and said, Babe, you and the boys have to come back down here and see this post!  They were so excited to see their thank you notes in the pictures and hear all the kind words that you had to say.  It was a great finish to a good day.  Thank you so much for doing that!

Carey

• Like 1

Outstanding project for your grands and a really great service to all of use that have searched for these suckers!

I would like to obtain 6 curb side and 12 driver side weep hole covers.  What do I do to complete the order and get the kids paid?

I’m excited to get ours, they look great, Carey!

On 12/8/2022 at 12:21 PM, Idoc57 said:

Bart,

Carey

need a mailing address to send a check for 20 of them...plus $10.00 freight.. I think you PM me but lost the email...

Thanks

Michael Powell

mpowell@powellwatson.com