Weep Hole Covers

Carey - I finished the install of the weep hole covers this weekend and they snapped right into place and fit perfectly (pics attached - note that one pic has an example of the inferior Atwood product on the right and your superior work of art on the left) .  You and your son and grandsons have done a wonderful thing and I really appreciate it!   And as everyone has said, the notes that your grandsons included were priceless !!

Thanks, 

Steve P

20230112_171454.jpg

20230112_171505.jpg

On 1/12/2023 at 10:21 AM, Floyd4949 said:

Hi Carey,

I received and installed my weep hole covers during the hectic holiday season.  Now that things have returned to normal I want to take the time to express my sincere thanks to you and your family for all the time spent on this great project. I really enjoyed the thank you cards from the kids. The covers look great, fit perfect, and installed easily as per your instructions. Happy New Year to you and your family!

Regards,
John

Thank you, John.

So glad that everything worked out to your satisfaction, and thank you for your comments!

Carey

Edited by Idoc57
two different strings merged together

I was just examining some of original weep hole covers that hadn't been lost, and see they are hollow.  Is that so they can still drain?  It's unclear to me if the new ones are solid or still allow draining anything that might find it's way to the weep hole.

Thanks 

On 1/12/2023 at 2:38 PM, Dads Dog House said:

Hi there, happy to see that these  Atwood window holes are now replaceable, I would like 12 black right (passenger) and 6 left (driver) black units if possible. let me know how to get you the funds $28.00; correct?

Hi Douglas, I sent you a PM.

Carey

Edited by Idoc57

19 minutes ago, amphi_sc said:

I was just examining some of original weep hole covers that hadn't been lost, and see they are hollow.  Is that so they can still drain?  It's unclear to me if the new ones are solid or still allow draining anything that might find it's way to the weep hole.

Thanks 

They are hollow and allow room to drain. Here are some close up pics:

(Note: There were some I printed from Cary's grandfids file; I printed these in ABS, and the last pic is a little imperfect - it was one of my early prints I had laying around.)

4305B1B1-F5A1-4E2F-AE51-775BEAC7E8D2.thumb.jpeg.84b781ad21ad953c7eb1bc8e2a775123.jpeg5F2062C9-78BB-4311-A07D-280037CC7C02.thumb.jpeg.853ce47f79e353f855b9f6e44421fad8.jpeg58897A80-65E6-4542-A4A6-732ABAF75F07.thumb.jpeg.2784ee863cc8bc24c525a50cfeb7d7ac.jpeg

On 1/12/2023 at 5:55 PM, Steve P said:

Carey - I finished the install of the weep hole covers this weekend and they snapped right into place and fit perfectly (pics attached - note that one pic has an example of the inferior Atwood product on the right and your superior work of art on the left) .  You and your son and grandsons have done a wonderful thing and I really appreciate it!   And as everyone has said, the notes that your grandsons included were priceless !!

Thanks, 

Steve P

20230112_171454.jpg

20230112_171505.jpg

Steve, I'm so glad that you were finally able to get your covers installed and that you are pleased with them!  Thanks for taking the time to share your pics and thoughts.

Carey

On 1/13/2023 at 9:24 AM, windsordst said:

Yes please

Stuart, I am sorry, but I'm not sure what it is that your are asking or commenting on.  I'm not even sure if your message was intended for me, but I just thought I would ask.

Carey

I also didn't know what was being talked about.  Thanks  Olywrestle for the picture. I just checked and found out I am missing 9.  I could use a dozen so I have extras on hand. I don't have access to a 3d printer so would be willing to pay for some, as long as the price is reasonable of course.

Thanks for the pictures, Scotty.  I'm glad to see what Carey's (Idoc57) print file looks like on the back side.  I also want to thank Carey and his grandkids again for doing this print work for us to have an available source for these.  I don't have a 3D printer, nor would I know how to use it or what materials to use.  

5 hours ago, Chris Leedle said:

I also didn't know what was being talked about.  Thanks  Olywrestle for the picture. I just checked and found out I am missing 9.  I could use a dozen so I have extras on hand. I don't have access to a 3d printer so would be willing to pay for some, as long as the price is reasonable of course.

Chris, I'm sending you a PM.

Carey

Edited by Idoc57
responses were merged

On 1/18/2023 at 3:11 PM, Dawn Best said:

Newbie here can someone tell me what weep holes covers do and I I need them, all mine are missing I would need 10 sets in my 2003 Windsor.  Thank you

Dawn, as far as I know, the weep holes allow moisture that forms on the inside of your windows and runs down into the trough at the bottom to be drained to the outside of the coach.  The covers that fit into the slots on the outside of your window frame help to keep wind noise down and dust/dirt from blowing in though the slots into your coach.  I would think that there might also be a slight "venturi effect" when running at highway speeds that would help to draw the water out of the slots as well.  

If you would like to get some for you coach, send me a PM (personal message) and I will try to help you.  Place your cursor over the green circle with the "I" in it and then scroll down to click on the box that says "message".

Carey

Hi Brad, I finally got back on the site, sent a snail mail letter to you today but Scotty and I finally got me back on the site.  I replied to your question on the cut for window frame, you should have received it, but that is the last I heard from you because I wasn't getting anything from the digest and couldn't log in/reset password, etc.  So I am still interested in getting the weep hole covers for my Safari Zanzibar.

Thanks a bunch

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Carey,

The covers have now been installed and they look and feel great.  We are headed to Oklahoma this weekend and I am confident that we are now ready for the rain and wind.

FYI...My 80 year old fingers don't quite work like they did 40 years ago, so I put the covers in as you described and then gently tapped the beveled edge with a very small rubber mallet.  They popped right in place...the fit is fantastic.  My only suggestion would be to increase the price.  They are worth so much more than the boys are charging.

Please pass on my THANKS to Henry and Levi!

There is still hope for the younger generation when folks like you are guiding them along.

Jim

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jimbob said:

Hi Carey,

The covers have now been installed and they look and feel great.  We are headed to Oklahoma this weekend and I am confident that we are now ready for the rain and wind.

FYI...My 80 year old fingers don't quite work like they did 40 years ago, so I put the covers in as you described and then gently tapped the beveled edge with a very small rubber mallet.  They popped right in place...the fit is fantastic.  My only suggestion would be to increase the price.  They are worth so much more than the boys are charging.

Please pass on my THANKS to Henry and Levi!

There is still hope for the younger generation when folks like you are guiding them along.

Jim

Jim, I'm glad that you were able to surmount the issue of 80 year old fingers with a touch of "brains over brawn".  Thank you for posting your thoughts on the forum.  Henry and Levi will now get the chance to read your kind words for themselves.

I hope that you have a safe trip to Oklahoma this weekend and that all goes well.

Carey

Edited by Idoc57
doubled response