Diesel shortage

4 hours ago, Russell said:

I just read that the current dude in charge is getting ready to add to the diesel reserves at $80 per barrell. Same piece talked about how the blocked the last dude in charge when he tried to add at $24 per barrell. Most of the real information doesn't hit the news. You have to go and dig. I urge everyone to please vote next week. 

Where did you read that? 

Fox News website has a decent article on the East Coast diesel supply problem:

US diesel supplier warns businesses to prepare for shortages, higher prices for consumers | Fox Business

The article, in my opinion, is summed up as follows:

"Retail consumers shouldn’t expect to see widespread fuel stations with bags over the pumps," the company said. "It may happen on a rare occasion (and when it does, you’ll be sure to hear it in the news), but in general retail stations will find supply and stay running. Higher prices will simply get passed on to consumers."

In my book, this directly meets the old saying that "I have good news and bad news".

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Craggar said:

Where did you read that? 

On the interwebs. 

13 hours ago, birdshill123 said:

This could get political real fast. CNBC has a good article on the problems. It appears to be an east coast problem. Partially political. Has to do with the jones act. The article was written by an analyst that follows these things. Presidents are not Dudes.

Presidents are dudes until we elect a female and I put that so that anyone with a tendancy to get their undies in a wad didn't read either name.  🙂  Trying to remain civil and weave in a little humor during such divisive times. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Russell said:

Presidents are dudes until we elect a female . . . .

Then I guess we'd have dudettes (only continuing the humor theme).

Georgia eliminated the 29c fuel tax until Nov 11.  Political or not expect prices to jump Nov 12.  Judging by the differential between gas and diesel I think the tax elimination was for gas only. 

- bob

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Russell said:

On the interwebs. 

Presidents are dudes until we elect a female and I put that so that anyone with a tendancy to get their undies in a wad didn't read either name.  🙂  Trying to remain civil and weave in a little humor during such divisive times. 

Got link to that interweb site? We all know that you can get whatever answer you want on the interwebs.

• Haha 1