Broke right hand mirror off arm, OOPS

Pulling into a RV Park spot and watching left side tooo much and hit mirror on right side.  Now hanging by wires on the end of the arm.  Broke PLASTIC joint inside the mirror.  I don't see anyway to open it up for repair.  Called around for VELVAC 714618 or Monaco #21601154.  Had to send email (no phone listed) to Velvac few minutes ago.  Called one repair shop and was told $1000 from him or $600+ from Velvac.  NW RV in Eugene, Or sent me a list of salvage places.  

On the road so bought a 8"convex I plan to SS strap onto Velvac arm to get me home.

Any ideas?

Ken Parsons 02 Diplomat

I may have a different mirror but mine was knocked off by a wrong way camper last summer. I contacted the manufacturer in Indiana and they sent a new one. It cost about  $700 .00 with overnight shipping. I believe it was ramco .

I broke my Velvac mirror off going through a very narrow  toll booth in Florida.  Bungeed it up out of the way and continued on toward Naples.  When I got there I was able to download a parts diagram and then called Velvac direct.  The sold me the parts I needed and shipped them 2 day to my location.  Cost was reasonable and customer service was great.

Thanks for the replies. I called NW RV in Eugene and they were $799 but gave me several salvage yards.  Tried a couple but appeared impossible task.  They and a couple of you told me about Pacific RV Mirror.  Called them and a complete mirror is on the way for $700 including freight.  Ken

I clipped a highway sign on my 15 Dynasty and broke the knuckle where the mirror attaches to the arm. Mine was Ramco and I have a camera in mine in the lower mirror (3 mirror glasses in each side). If yours has a camera, they can give you instructions on how to remove that convex mirror pane and reuse in in the new one. It cut my cost to $375.  It was tight feeding the cables through the arm but doable. Connectors in the nosepiece are easy to work with. 

TGibbens

’15 Dynasty