Running lights flashing

Guest rdetter5009

Guest rdetter5009

I have a 2004 Holiday Rambler Navigator DP 45'. When I open or shut the entrance door the running lights flash on and off 4 to 6 times before staying off.

When I kick the step the lights flashed 20 times until I shut the door and they flashed another 4 times. This problem happens with the step switch turned on or off.

Would the step controller have anything to do with this problem or do I have an alarm activated somehow. Thank You Guys for any insight into this matter

Bob Etter 

On my coach the DRL would flash or go on and off rapidly. I just unplugged the module for them. It's in the front run bay (the one under the driver seat). I don't think they are required and if I wanted them I would just turn on the lights. I haven't had a chance to do any more investigation on mine but guessing the module is bad. Not sure if they are still available or not. Module is circled in blue in the picture. 

20221010_135308.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest rdetter5009

To Yoaks5: my DRL have been disconnect for years. My problem is an alarm, I can shut the door, stomp on the floor or hit the side of the coach with my hand. The problem is definitely a vibration or break in alarm.

Thank you

Bob Etter

My previous coach was an 04 Navigator and it had  a Viper alarm system on it. When i pushed the key fob to lock the doors it would beep. Never had any trouble with it so don't know much about them. I'm pretty sure the control module for it was under the removable dash panel top of dash in front of driver seat. This could be what's causing your issue. I believe the lights flashed when locking and unlocking the doors. 

@rdetter5009 in college I had a truck w a Viper alarm.  If you pushed on the truck enough, like a hard whack or shove, or even a loud truck going by w glass packs, it would set off the alarm.  Sounds like you have an alarm system to me and the motion sensor is working.  I believe you could adjust the sensitivity but you need to find the brain.  I guess there's no siren? Or horn honk?  I believe there was a "warning" first like you describe if the insult was not enough to make the alarm sound.  https://www.viper.com/