Electric power is off inside

BillDeb45
Go to solution Solved by Tom Cherry,

1 hour ago, Gary Cole said:

"and perhaps trying to convince Bill to take up ANOTHER HOBBY..."😉 Bill this might be a good time to step back and read the previous posts. The answers you seek will be found within. I most always troubleshoot with jumpers in the front pocket. And for some perhaps, a small bible in the back pocket.

Good Luck

Wow, This was an enlightening post, although BillDeb might have helped by answering some of the questions to help pinpoint the problem.  And posting what they determined... I hope they are okay and the problem is resolved.  Had I been them, I would have given up and PM'd one of the main respondents, well, other than perhaps one.  The posts got pretty confusing when explaining all the details of the unrelated joint charging circuit, but even those were educational and served to keep one from trying to replace the wrong solenoid.  I appreciate all the details and knowledge shared.  I am going to tackle replacing my BIRD solenoid while down in Melbourne this winter.   I may also bypass the salesman switch solenoid, especially since we never use it.  Thanks again for all these valuable insights!!

• Like 2

We did thank the one person that we started with, Tom. 

He was very specific, helpful and patient. Yes we were getting a lot of other ideas however I was in the midst of trying to fix our electricity and not reading them. We bi-passed the salesman switch and the problem was solved. 
Thank you for your help.

trombetta relay on Amazon

Bill, here is an answer to your question about replacing the large relay (bird), in the rear compartment.

There are a lot of options on devices to replace this as suggested but if you are not comfortable making modifications this should do nicely. Sure you can search for a cheaper price and look for silver contacts if possible but this one will do fine. A 114-1211-020 is with silver alloy contacts while a 114-1211-010

It can get tricky using other products. Issues such as using boost/aux start function, alternator alarm fail complaints, are just a few of the things that are addressable but you can get frustrated if not aware of those problems.

Replacing that large solenoid is one of the best preventative measures you can take to protect your batteries and protect your head from quirky symptoms. 

Edited by myrontruex