Monaco Paint Codes

Recently there was a question looking for the Code for “Corvette White” for a 99 Executive. 
I was sure that I had the code in the records for my Dads 97 Dynasty or our 95 Dynasty but as it turns out nothing recorded for the base white just the trims.

I’m sure someone must have the codes for these older Coaches so thought we’d start a thread and see what might show up.

Thanks in advance

When I painted my truck to match my motorhome the guy just came out with a little camera looking gizmo stuck it on each color and took my truck and painted it he didn’t need to paint codes. I just love technology lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Donflem said:

When I painted my truck to match my motorhome the guy just came out with a little camera looking gizmo stuck it on each color and took my truck and painted it he didn’t need to paint codes. I just love technology lol.

Interesting to enough, they did this as well on our Dip. The paint came back as a green used on early Toyota Prius. It’s really close. I think tue factory paint is just a slight darker, but I see it because it’s mine 

Thanks and I have had the electronic match before on other vehicles but if codes are available As well as the formulas to mix them it’s usually a better match.

i checked under the seats on the 97 but nothing that I could find.

hopefully someone will post something on the corvette white

thks all. This is a great source of information.

cheers

When I took the Diamont codes from the driver seat post to a highly respected paint shop, they told me that they couldn't match the numbers because Diamont has been out of business for years. They used the electronic scanner and it was a perfect match. Remember our motorhomes are now "Legacy" motorhomes and all information has been removed from REV records.

Gary 05 AMB DST

• Like 1

I am having a few areas painted on mine next week. I drove over to the paint supplier with the Motorhome and he did what Don said and used a paint camera gun to get all 3 colors. I had the paint codes but the guy painting the Motorhome said it is not going to match as well using the codes since the paint is 16 years old. Hopefully it will turn out good.

Edited by Georgia Mike
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Donflem said:

I had to get a little nick taken care of and had some of the original paint but the painter refused to use it and instead used a camera device to color match the paint.  He said it was a lot more accurate to do it that way.

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2022 at 12:08 PM, Mike H said:

I had to get a little nick taken care of and had some of the original paint but the painter refused to use it and instead used a camera device to color match the paint.  He said it was a lot more accurate to do it that way.

Paint fades over time.  Computer / electric / camera matching is the way to go for accurate reproduction.

The painter needs to use a high quality paint.  I've seen touch ups that looked great (like when we bought it) but then start seeing the touch-up work after a few years.

- bob

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions.

It still surprises me that nobody seems to have the code for what was called Corvette white that Monaco was using at least for a few years around 1995 - 1999

From some Corvette websites I can see that GM used a WA 9567 from 1989-2000 so I’m going to see it that match’s up with a computer shot of the Fridge side panel.

Im capable of doing my own spraying and have a good gun so will have a go at it in the spring.

most Body / paint shops are so busy and don’t seem to like RV’s or at least that’s how it seems around here

and if they will do it the prices seem pretty steep for the little jobs.

cheers and thanks again

Edited by Greg Carter
Wrong number

On 11/19/2022 at 7:06 PM, Greg Carter said:

Im capable of doing my own spraying and have a good gun so will have a go at it in the spring.

most Body / paint shops are so busy and don’t seem to like RV’s or at least that’s how it seems around here

Maybe you can get a paint shop to camera match the paint then give you the mixing code.  They can probably do that in the parking lot . . . . ?

- bob

On 11/19/2022 at 5:06 PM, Greg Carter said:

t still surprises me that nobody seems to have the code for what was called Corvette white that Monaco was using at least for a few years around 1995 - 1999

I'm pretty sure I do have this paint code that a previous owner had written in my Owner's Manual. But that is stored in the coach at the lot right now. Next time I visit I'll try to remember to get it.

But I would concur with the other's advice and get a qualified shop to match the colour for you with their fancy equipment vs just mixing the original code and hoping it will match after 20+ years.

Remember once you find your paint codes, you will need the paint formula associated with each code.  The paint formula is how the paint is mixed with the correct amount each color and “sparkles.”  Most paint shops cannot mix paint from the paint code, they need the formula.

Once you have your paint code, call or email https://industrialfinishes.com   They have all the formulas for Monaco paint codes and will email you a couple of pages listing the paint code with the formula just below the code. They seem to be happy to help out.

With the paint formula in hand, you will be able to have your local automotive paint store mix what you need.

1 hour ago, Greg Carter said:

Ivan could you post the code for that white if possible?

thank you

Greg, here is my paint code list. I had it mixed by English Color, using Basf Diamont base paints in 2019.

2019-01-17_12-03-37_796.jpeg

2019-05-13_16-27-33_185.jpeg

And from this to that

2019-05-13_18-51-40_287.jpeg

2019-05-15_16-26-32_809.jpeg

Edited by Ivan K