2005 Monaco Executive Electrical Issue

rschley
Go to solution Solved by waterskier_1,

I plug into a 20 Amp outlet and the outlets, microwave, Aqua Hot and other things do not come on. The Kenwood tells me that only the AC Leg 2 electrical is on. AC Leg 1 is off. This is the same outlet that I have been using all along, never had this problem.  

The coach was just in for service on the Aqua Hot and the house battery’s were switched off. Back on now, but that was the only change. 

Am I missing something that needs to be done to energize Leg 1. Searching the Manual and finding no answers. 

Thanks for any ideas. 

Ron 

If you are using one or maybe two adapters to plug your 50 amp cord into a 20 am outlet, I would check to make sure power is coming through the adapters to both legs. You can use a voltmeter at the 50 amp side of the adapters to see if you have 120v on both sides.

Thanks Rick, That was exactly the problem. It is snowing/raining and midnight here in MN and I went out and replaced the 50 to 30 adapter and all is good. No need to get up at 4am and run the generator to make some heat. 
Guys like you are a real blessing to rookies like me. I will sleep a lot better tonight. 
Thanks!!  Ron S. 

59 minutes ago, Tom Wallis said:

If you are using one or maybe two adapters to plug your 50 amp cord into a 20 am outlet, I would check to make sure power is coming through the adapters to both legs. You can use a voltmeter at the 50 amp side of the adapters to see if you have 120v on both sides.

Thanks Tom,  Great suggestion and such a quick response. In the rain and snow and at midnight here in MN, I switched out the old to a new adapter and everything is running as it should. Didn’t want to mess with voltmeter while wet and in standing in water so used a new adapter that I had on hand. Your quick and correct response is greatly appreciated. It would be hard to own one of these if it weren’t for guys like you.  Take care.  Ron S