Black tank keeps filling up when pump is left on

Rodger

I looked through all 8 viewable pages of the water systems section and I didn't see anyone with my specific issue.  If I leave the pump on a good bit of the time over a weekend the black tank will fill up.  When I first experienced it after purchasing the coach last year I thought oh this should be easy.  I have the model with the middle bathroom and the rear macerator type .  I just figured one of the two had a leaking by water valve.  I can't find any leakage, I mean none.  Where else could water be coming from?  Really has me stumped.

I suppose you would hear the pump cycling if there was a large enough leak to relieve accumulator pressure. Other option is some kind of tank flush arrangement that fills the tank but with no hookup it would still cycle the pump. Does it? Don’t know if the macerator has its own line, out of sight, that could leak.

Guest Ray Davis

Yeah that's rather odd, never heard of that before.  There are just a few ways for water to enter the black tank, those being the toilets or the black tank flush / sprayer.  Even if you had a leak at a comode you would need to have 2 leaks, a leaking water valve and a leaking flush valve or it would over flow.   However there is another remote possibility.  If the sewer is capped and both grey and black valves are open grey water can flow up into the black tank.   Boondockers use this to gain more capacity for grey water.

Rodger,

If you have your flush set up like mine and that faucet leaks, I could see that happen without noticeable toilet leaks.  See pic. However, I have a faucet valve and a diverted valve that would have to leak.  

20211231_142201.jpg

• Like 1

Ray, that's a meter.  Pretty accurate and helps me keep that black tank flushed better and not back flow.  Water pressures vary so much, I'd never know how many gallons I'm adding back.  Now I know when to stop. 

20210819_063252.jpg

• Like 1

I don't have my flush set up that way, only hook up the flush when I dump.  Must just be missing the leak by when it is happening.

Hail State?  Where are you in Alabama?  I go back and forth from my place in Mississippi to my fiance in Bham area.  We have to find a place soon, I don't think the neighbors like me parking a 40' bus in the street when I am in it at her place!

Currently down the road from you in Starkville for the game.  We live in Daphne though.  Those pesky neighbors will get ya every time!

Steven

17 minutes ago, Steven P said:

Currently down the road from you in Starkville for the game.  We live in Daphne though.  Those pesky neighbors will get ya every time!

Steven

Well at least you had a good game to attend today, better than last week.

• Like 1

Guest Ray Davis
4 hours ago, Steven P said:

Ray, that's a meter.  Pretty accurate and helps me keep that black tank flushed better and not back flow.  Water pressures vary so much, I'd never know how many gallons I'm adding back.  Now I know when to stop. 

Steven, that's a great idea.  Did you buy it or order it.   I have just used the hit & miss that's enough  method, but your meter is much better.  Thanks

Amazon purchase.  Just looked and mine may not be available but a similar one is.  Has a battery and turns on when water flows and off after a couple minutes.  

P3 International Water Meter, Save A Drop https://a.co/d/72RIqYB

Guest Ray Davis
12 hours ago, Steven P said:

Amazon purchase.  Just looked and mine may not be available but a similar one is.  Has a battery and turns on when water flows and off after a couple minutes.  

P3 International Water Meter, Save A Drop https://a.co/d/72RIqYB

Got it, thanks Steven.