Installing gas strut in lieu of scissor arm

Where do I find the information on replacing scissor arm with gas strut ?  Specifically dimension from door edge to mounting plates and pictures if they are available. Have searched gas strut replacement, scissor arm upgrade, RV door upgrade with no results.

Any guidance appreciated.  I found a U Tube video but the entry door was square and not slanted as most Beavers so wasn't sure if dimensions would apply.

2004 Beaver Monterey

When I purchased my DP, the scissor arm was missing, so after researching I ended up using the information referenced by a poster on irv2, ( I don't recall who) I installed a gas strut.  The gas strut has worked out great with no issues with it the last couple of years. I think in high wind you should hold on to the door when opening for the obvious reasons.

A word of caution.  Make sure that you measure very accurately and position everything before securing the set up. You want to make certain that the door opens only so far.  I did not think about that. Now my door opens just a bit too far and hits the awning if the awning is down. Moving the strut mount on the frame aft a 1/2" would have made the diference

Otherwise this is one of the best mods I've done to my coach.

On 11/23/2022 at 6:07 AM, oregondarrell said:

Thank you for the info and IRV2 thread. I ordered the parts yesterday and will install next week. Pictures with dimensions really helped.

I would be interested in your old scissors.