Dash Instrumentation

BRBowers

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, apologies if it's the wrong place.

A few years ago, my Camelot was hit indirectly by lightning and had a lot of damage to the electrical systems. One thing was all the Dash Instruments. The cause was a destroyed Beede Electrical Instrument Co, INSTRU-LINK SAE J1939 Instrument Controller.  Monaco's Parts Department showed them listed but, none in stock, and of course Beede was out of business. After an extensive web search, I finally found some from when Monaco had sold off everything.  I bought a case of them, and still have some.

If anyone is in need, or maybe wants a spare, let me know. I believe these were used in the 2000 to 2006 or maybe 2007 year coaches. 

Instru-Link.jpeg

Not sure there is a controller per say on my coach, each of my gauges has it's own wiring and sensor/senders.  Monaco installed separate senders for the dash gauges, Cummins uses there own. 

Not sure when they went to a central controller, maybe someone will know.

FWIW, I hardly look at my dash gauges, I use a Silverleaf VMSpc to display the info I want to see and have alarms set up for the critical stuff.

Silverleaf dispaly.jpg

Edited by jacwjames

23 minutes ago, cbr046 said:

I'm thinking our Endeavor is old school without an instrument controller.  Where would the controller be located? 

- bob

I'm not sure when Monaco started using the Controller. The year's I mentioned, were more or less a guess.  It converts the digital signal on the Cummins J1939 Bus to analog since the gauges are analog, at least they are on my 06 Camelot. There were a few other coach models that were the same too.  But I don't know which.  

On my '06 the Controller is behind the dash. It's zip-tied (real neat, huh) to a wire bundle that attached to the Aladdin System Coach Monitor.

My gauges Old Dog.

Simplysmn,  I'm thinking about $25.  I'd just like to get some of the money back I paid for them. It was the only way they'd sell them at the time. Their brand new, still in the original packaging Monaco had them in, as you can see in the photo, I have 24 left. I had 35.  

I even mentioned to Monaco Parts, now part of REV, I'd sell them back to them, if interested. Never heard back.

DashGauges.jpeg

InstruLinkPkg.jpeg

Edited by BRBowers
  • Like 1

@BRBowers I have a 2006 Windsor which shares the same instrument panel drawings as your 2006 Camelot.  The clarity of the drawing is not great, but zooming in it does appear to say J1939 Information Center.   So I am presuming my controller is the same.  My gauges look the same also.  For $25 that is fair to have a spare for something that the OEM no longer exists.  I will PM you with regards to shipping and payment.  

4 hours ago, BRBowers said:

My gauges Old Dog.

Simplysmn,  I'm thinking about $25.  I'd just like to get some of the money back I paid for them. It was the only way they'd sell them at the time. Their brand new, still in the original packaging Monaco had them in, as you can see in the photo, I have 24 left. I had 35.  

I even mentioned to Monaco Parts, now part of REV, I'd sell them back to them, if interested. Never heard back.

DashGauges.jpeg

InstruLinkPkg.jpeg

Let me check to see if I have 1 and I will get back to you. Thank you very much.

Val