Is there a filter in the waterline going to toilet.

Marine Boy
Go to solution Solved by Tom Cherry,

I have a 2006 Dynasty with a SEALAND MAGNUM OPUS 3110 toilet.  Just lost water supply to the toilet and before I remove the bowl from the floor, I was wondering if anyone knows if there is an inline water filter before the toilet.   I have check the switch and control board and all is working properly.  I can just get my hand in the back of the toilet to touch the water valve and it is clicking when I push the water add button, making me believe it is working?  Any thoughts would be appreciated before I make a mess.

Thanks, John

• Solution

do you have the Mono (SP) Block manifold system.  Check there for the toilet outlet, if one.  UNLESS there is a "prefilter" in the solenoid inlet, then it is PROBABLY on the same filter system as the rest of the house.  Other than that....may be time to pull it out and then quickly test (with a hose and a bowl to catch the water, the line.  Obviously TURN OFF the water supply and depressurize....as it may be LIVE and UGLY.  LOL.

2 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

do you have the Mono (SP) Block manifold system.  Check there for the toilet outlet, if one.  UNLESS there is a "prefilter" in the solenoid inlet, then it is PROBABLY on the same filter system as the rest of the house.  Other than that....may be time to pull it out and then quickly test (with a hose and a bowl to catch the water, the line.  Obviously TURN OFF the water supply and depressurize....as it may be LIVE and UGLY.  LOL.

Hi Tom,  Thanks for  your input.  I already checked the manifold and it feeds the sink in the head compartment and the toilet, so I know the supply is coming out of the manifold.  The only thing I have not check other than removing the toilet is next to the toilet there is a cabinet box 8"L x 5"W x 6" H and the white plastic water line comes from it and goes to the toilet.  The problem is that it is really glued in well and has a hard surface counter top as a lid.  Could be a filter in there, but it is so well glued, I think there will be a 50/50 chance of damage when trying to open it up?  You can see the it bottom left.   

34cd1d32-c593-426f-83f0-96b94299c19a-67.jpg

2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

There is no filter on the supply line to the Magnum Opus toilet. My current Dynasty has a Magnum Opus and my previous Windsor has a Magnum Opus and neither of them have any water filter in the supply line going to the toilet.

Thanks!  I guess I will be removing the toilet tomorrow and seeing if the water solenoid is plugged or bad??

I wanted to report back what I found causing no water to my toilet, a Sealand/Dometic MAGNUM OPUS 3110.  Once I removed the toilet, I tested the water supply getting to toilet to make sure it was not plugged.  All was good there.  After that, I disassemble the 12v water valve and found that there is a mess screen at the inlet which was clean.  What I did find was hard particles plugging the rubber washer in the valve assembly.  I was very thankful the the valve could be disassemble with only three screws.  It was definitely worth the time, since the valve was in good condition and a new one would have cost over $100.00.   While I had the toilet out, I replace the Dometic Sealand 385311009 Plug-In Base Seal Kit, since it probably was original.   All is fresh and clean in toilet land.

• Like 3