Help with Slide Room that has shifted back in the opening.

My 2002 Monaco Signature living room/kitchen slide out room is out of horizontal adjustment.  This has caused my recently replaced slide seal to get pulled off the channel strip in the area at the top corner side of the rear slide room opening.  I have tried to put the seal back on several times but there is just not enough clearance around the top corner vertical area to get it pushed onto the rail. The slide room seems tilted and to have shifted back about a half an inch towards the upper rear corner of the coach.  When moving the room in and out, the aft slide lock pushes the slide seal off the channel. The clearance at the top area and corner of the vertical opening has just enough room for the slide lock mechanism to pass through, but but no room for the slide seal.  When looking at the slide room from inside the coach, the aft part of the room (towards the back of the coach) is closer (almost dragging) on the floor compared the front side the side behind the drivers seat.  I suspect the problem could be caused by the support under the aft roller to be lower and causing the upper area along the aft vertical wall to be closer at the top?

So the seal gets pushed in and off when opening/closing.  It's a mess and makes the coach unusable at this time as even when the room is closed it does not seal properly.

I'm looking for advice on what to do, and if this is something I can possibly repair myself or find a qualified repair business to do the job? I believe the slide out mechanism is an HWH.  It's a hydraulic system but haven't found any drawings or info on how it works, repairs, etc.

I would like to get this repaired at Talin RV in Brooksville, Florida as they are only a couple of hours away.  However the problem is they are booked into March or April. 

Thank You,

John J

2002 Monaco Signature

JJ-Slide out seal issue 2002 Signature.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

(MODERATOR EDIT.  This post was a repeat of an earlier post and has been merged with the the original one)

My 2002 Signature coach’s  kitchen / living room slide out room is out of adjustment. Its a hydraulic slide out mechanism. The room has moved towards the back of the coach in the opening about 1/2” in the top vertical area.  This causes the slide seal to bind on the slide lock and get pulled off at the top area on the aft side of the room. I had to remove the slide lock mechanism to be able to close the room.  It is still is very tight and will pull the slide seal off in the top area.  When looking at the bottom edge of the room (from inside the coach), the distance between the floor and the bottom edge of the aft slide room is about a 1/4" lower than the front side.  It appears the slide room is not sitting level in the opening…The slide out aft corian counter top has also rubbed on the wall when moving.  What to do to get it level again?

34F3A14F-C449-43D3-9729-7076C1C00519.jpeg

I will assume that you have a HWH hydraulic slide similar to ours. If so, I don't see how the slide could move backwards unless the square metal tubes under it, visible from outside, broke loose or the connecting hardware separated. I can see however how a portion of the slide would drop. Under false floor of the kitchen cabinets, I have 2 rollers and 2 more under a sofa. My rollers have nylon sleeves that could disintegrate and drop some but also the bottom framing of the cabinets where they mount could get out of shape. I had to fix mine when the staples holding it all together failed and the cabinet side dropped to drag on the floor.. That would be the first place for me to look.

• 2 weeks later...

I got tied up in the Christmas responsibilities and finally got to take the false floors out under the kitchen sink on the slide out. Unfortunately there is no access to the rollers that I can see from under the false floor-just wiring and hoses. When I look under the slide out from the outside  between the rubber seal and the floor, I have very limited visibility of the rollers. However, from what I can see they are not deteriorating. So I got inspecting in the basement under where the rollers are and found plastic boxes that are covering the hole where the steel slide out support arms come through the wall into the basement. I took boxes off and found here is an adjusting bolt up there that looks like it’s under where the roller is. I was excited to see that! I got out a big bottle jack and some 4x4‘s and jacked the slide room up to take pressure off the rollers. Then adjusted the bolt about a half inch upward (as much as it would go)on the farthest aft roller. I was thinking that would would raise the back roller and raise the room. Wrong!  Absolutely no difference when  I move the room in and out. I don’t know what that adjustment bolt is for?? It’s getting to be a big mystery. I hope someone can give me info on what those adjuster bolts are for and where to go next to get this room squared up.  I don’t see any damage to the floor of the slide out or damage to the steel arms that support the room.

So to recap, my living room/ kitchen slide out is not sitting level. The aft part of the room is about a half inch closer to the floor than the front side. So the room is not square in the opening.  I measured about 1/2” difference between what the front slide wall to coach wall difference is between the front and back openings at the top corner. This is causing the top area distance between the slide out and the wall to be so close at the aft top corner of ther room that it pulls off the rubber seal. The distance is just large enough for slide room and its slide lock to pass through.  I have temporarily removed the slide lock mechanism and that had really helped keep the rubber seal on. 
Thanks for your insight. 

Interesting, my two rollers under sofa are like what you say, accessible from under the floor. But maybe yours are different type. Either way, all 4 of ours are the same, just flipped/inverted with an adjustment bolt on each side of them. Quite a bit more of adjustment than should be necessary too. 1/2" is a lot of movement and it should be noticeable if the board/cabinet floor that rides on them has shifted up or became soft. One more thing I would check is presence of a nylon (teflon?) slider plate inside the rectangular tubing where the slide arm comes out, outside, below the slide, ie compare the front and rear arm when extended. That could account for maybe 1/4" drop at that point and twist the box. That's about all I can think of at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...

I checked the nylon slider in the rectangular tubes the rail rides on both slide outs, they are both there and look the same.  There doesn't seem to be an issue there. 

I've been trying to visualize how the slide out rolls. I don't have a good understanding on how the roller is mounted since it only has one adjustment bolt in the center of the roller area. I suppose there could be something broken on the roller mounting structure or like you say something shifter or rotted away. However I don't seem to senses there is any rot evidence visible on the bottom of the floor.  Is there is a board connected to the bottom of the slide out room that rolls on the roller, or is the slide out floor itself that rolls on the roller.  Either way something has changed.  The real question is how do i check this? Does the slide out room have to be removed for repairs?