Exhaust Manifold

It’s here.  It exists.  😁
As elated and thankful as I am to finally have this part in hand now, have I ever mentioned how much I hate dealing with Cummins parts? Such a money grab.  
Also, when I get the damaged one off, I’ll post some pictures of it - Perhaps then the decision to go with new will seem like the better option or at least make me feel better about spending $1200 on 2/3’s of a new manifold.  
image.thumb.jpg.3a9b1483561c49ccd95ac7349956f3ae.jpgTime to get the ATF and acetone out.  

image.jpg

4 hours ago, BradHend said:

It’s here.  It exists.  😁
As elated and thankful as I am to finally have this part in hand now, have I ever mentioned how much I hate dealing with Cummins parts? Such a money grab.  
Also, when I get the damaged one off, I’ll post some pictures of it - Perhaps then the decision to go with new will seem like the better option or at least make me feel better about spending $1200 on 2/3’s of a new manifold.  
image.thumb.jpg.3a9b1483561c49ccd95ac7349956f3ae.jpgTime to get the ATF and acetone out.  

image.jpg

Wow.  That's more than twice what I paid for an entire reconditioned cylinder head for my C-Series after an exhaust port cracked.
My manifold only needed a light milling to restore flat.
I used all stainless hardware to reattach, and it's been fine for nearly 20 years now.

10 hours ago, dl_racing427 said:

Wow.  That's more than twice what I paid for an entire reconditioned cylinder head for my C-Series after an exhaust port cracked.
My manifold only needed a light milling to restore flat.
I used all stainless hardware to reattach, and it's been fine for nearly 20 years now.

If the part was available it would only be about 400.  Cummins had to make that special for a fee in Tennessee. Only way I could get it. 
Also keep in mind that’s Canadian Dollars with 13% sales tax and import/broker fees. 
I was able to pick up the smaller piece, new on eBay, this morning for $168 US. Craziness. 

Edited by BradHend
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, BradHend said:

If the part was available it would only be about 400.  Cummins had to make that special for a fee in Tennessee. Only way I could get it. 
Also keep in mind that’s Canadian Dollars with 13% sales tax and import/broker fees. 
I was able to pick up the smaller piece, new on eBay, this morning for $168 US. Craziness. 

That explains a lot.
Glad you were able to finally get it though. 👍

I recently pulled the 4.0 SOHC engine from my Ford Explorer to replace the timing chains.
One exhaust manifold absolutely refused to let go of the exhaust pipe bolts, and I had to cut them with my Plasma cutter.  When I removed the EGR pipe from the other manifold, the threads came with it.
I looked online and each manifold was around $150.  A little more searching and I found a set of stainless headers for $86 delivered. Chinese stuff, but the welds looked good and they fit with very minor mods.  How they can even make them for that is beyond me. LOL

Edited by dl_racing427