Auxiliary air compressor

Bobbyboy

In my case, the pump mounting bracket broke due to metal fatigue.  Prior to the 2008 model year, Monaco got so many complaints about the pump located above the rear drive axle waking folks up at night that they "solved" the problem by mounting the pump on the front steer axle H frame.  WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!! 

In my case, when I discovered in a pre-trip inspection that the pump was hanging by the air lines at 60,000 miles, I removed it with plans to mount it in a protected area on the front fire wall.  But that was 5 years ago. 

My coach still stays level for months when parked, so the project to remount the pump is still near the bottom of my upgrade to-do list.  The list form the domestic engineer somehow has higher priorities than remounting the aux air compressor pump that we actually don't need to use.  Our practice since purchasing the coach new has been to park, level and shut off the PowerGear auto leveling system.  Today, it still stays level with the PowerGear system off so that's why relocating the pump sits near the bottom of my to-do list. 

THanks Frank.  That is it.  I saw "yellow markings on mine but everything was painted over.  Now, quick question:  My air intake filter bracket was broken off and the air intake hole was blocked with dirt (mud daubers I suspect).  I took the pump apart, cleaned it and ran it.  It seemed ok so I put it back on and connected the air hoses.  I  have a new pressure switch.  However, the pump runs continuously without shutting off and I am wondering if maybe it just isn't putting out the pressure it should.  And I started the bus and filled all the tanks before I tried it.  I assume the aux tank fills also when the main engine compressors runs.  Any thoughts before I spend the $$$ to get a new pump.  Thanks again, and Merry Christmas to you and Family.

Bob L, 08 dynasty

Likely you have a problem with dirt in the compressor head blocking the internal valving.  See if the compressor can build pressure by disconnecting the outlet air line.  There is a check valve at the tank so the tank will hold air pressure with the compressor line disconnected.

21 hours ago, Frank McElroy said:

Likely you have a problem with dirt in the compressor head blocking the internal valving.  See if the compressor can build pressure by disconnecting the outlet air line.  There is a check valve at the tank so the tank will hold air pressure with the compressor line disconnected.

this is what I did...

Screenshot_20221215_091712_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20221215_091707_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20221215_091702_Photos.jpg

This is what I did you may contact me if you wish..

mpowell@powellwatson.com

2 minutes ago, Michael Powell said:

this is what I did...

Screenshot_20221215_091712_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20221215_091707_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20221215_091702_Photos.jpg

This is what I did you may contact me if you wish..

mpowell@powellwatson.com