Possible bad air warning buzzer

Knight 40 PLQ

I have the same or at least similar problem depending on when it occurs for you.  I have not had time to dig into it but my alarm activates when I put it in gear at times.  I have found if I push the brake and release the parking brake and wait 5 seconds or so before putting in gear that it is much less likely to keep wailing away.  May just be coincidental but I don't think so, I think there seems to be some connection to whatever pressure switch activates the buzzer and giving it time to fully trip.  If I don't wait, it will come on and sometimes I have gone 5 or 10 miles down the road before it quits, which luckily up to now it eventually quits.

23 minutes ago, Rodger said:

I have the same or at least similar problem depending on when it occurs for you.  I have not had time to dig into it but my alarm activates when I put it in gear at times.  I have found if I push the brake and release the parking brake and wait 5 seconds or so before putting in gear that it is much less likely to keep wailing away.  May just be coincidental but I don't think so, I think there seems to be some connection to whatever pressure switch activates the buzzer and giving it time to fully trip.  If I don't wait, it will come on and sometimes I have gone 5 or 10 miles down the road before it quits, which luckily up to now it eventually quits.

Steven’ comment is simple….as he has a separate switch.  Newer upper end rigs may or may not be so as we have had several topics on pressure and brake switches and instrumentation issues….

Both need to find your prints.  see if there is a switch or a combo pressure transducer/alarm module.

Monaco used at least 3 different companies for the gage cluster.  There is a pressure transducer for each air system.  That is what supplies the electrical signal for the dash gauges.  Sometimes these transducers have the low alarm contacts….usually 65 PSI.  OTHER times, I think, there is a low pressure switch in the system.  In some cases, there is a master gauge cluster or central unit and it feeds all the other clusters of gauges.  That often has an output for a universal warning buzzer or alarm.

Bottom line, your systems may be identical, probably not….as Monaco changed vendors based on complexity of the gage “package” and competitive quoting.

locate the prints.  Then find the dash gauge or schematic.  There may a note as to vendor.

The other way is to pull the dash access cover and start digging.  If you find the central gage cluster….hint….start with the air pressure gauge and see where it is connected…..assuming the air gauges are not in the main cluster or control housing. Then get the name and model number and contact the vendor for prints and information.

This is the process that most folks have used.  If your dash prints are specific, some are….some not, you may be able to isolate the transducer or a separate switch.  Yes…it can be complex.

hopefully others with specific info on your year and model will chime in. Dash and alarm and instrumentation is a bear….as Monaco was less than forthcoming in the prints and documentation.  Medallion and ACTI and another (memory lapse) were typically the prime vendors.