System Heat where does it get the heat?

CapnDean
Go to solution Solved by waterskier_1,

20 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

2nd owner.

Can't see the original user removing the bay heater as the AH burner is the one item (going by the hour meter), he used a lot.

No signs of a unused coolant loop down there either. I'm guessing yours enter the bay on the curb side?

I'm guessing you don't read the C&P I quoted from the manual to mean...... The Aqua Hot bay heater is an option?

Read a later post.  YES....we have the SAME AH 450 DE1 systems.....

Yes, I did read it....several times and also pulled the manual to verify....From the Manual, on file, for the 2008 Scepter.  This is the SAME exact copy as is in the 2008 Camelot.  This is on page 150 of the manual that we have access to....

Aqua-Hot Bay Heater (Optional): The optional Aqua-Hot includes a heat exchanger in the basement that operates when the Aqua-Hot is on and temperatures drop below 45° F.

EARLIER in the manual starting around page 100, there is a description of the AquaHot and the various sections....as well as the layout.  The rear Bedroom Zones have the standard Bay Heater loop in them.  The engine preheat is a separate pump.....as described here.

Engine Preheat (Optional): The Aqua-Hot system has an engine preheat feature to aid engine starting in cold weather. Inside the Aqua-Hot is an engine coolant loop and pump that will circulate heated coolant through the engine. 

Then the following....

During cold weather, a thermostat in the holding tank compartment will turn on the exchanger to heat the storage bay. The thermostat turns on at 45º F +/- 10º. Ensure the Aqua-Hot is ON to heat the bay. NOTE: Turn the Aqua-Hot ON when heating the bay.  THERE is also a picture of the SNAP Disk.  Your model had that on the floor.  Monaco PROMISED a Capillary Tube (higher end....like the Dynasty) for the 2009 Camelots....but FAILED to Deliver....

I tried to print the schematic of the AH from page 108....you have to rotate it in Adobe to read it....but it shows how the "Optional" AquaHot....which includes a "Standard" Bay heater in the Bedroom Zone is laid out.  Again, I THINK on mine, you do NOT have to have the Rear Furnace mode set....but I always do.  

I think the misunderstanding is that when you GET (per Page 150 of the PDF Copy of your manual) or HAVE the AquaHot System.....it includes the Bay Heater.  If you can't locate it, then someone must have removed it....I would keep looking....as it very low to the bay floor when the System Heat 12 VDC heater sits higher....Mine is behind (peering in from the access panel in the bay adjacent to the Wet Bay) the 12 VDC unit.  Behind as in it is located further OUT....towards the side of the MH and is behind the Tanks....so you can NOT see it from the wet bay side.....due to the service panel.  Yours may be different....

https://www.holidayrambler.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2021/08/2008_Scepter.pdf

Hope this clear it up.....

2008_Scepter Page 108 AH.pdf

Yeah, that's where I've looked for it. thru the hatch between the bays. The water pump, and water filter are in there. Coil of wire strapped to the ceiling for Solar panel prep. 12v Cargo Heat. Only thing they forgot was an AH bay heat exchanger, and the feed and return lines.

3 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Yeah, that's where I've looked for it. thru the hatch between the bays. The water pump, and water filter are in there. Coil of wire strapped to the ceiling for Solar panel prep. 12v Cargo Heat. Only thing they forgot was an AH bay heat exchanger, and the feed and return lines.

Wow….  That is a mega blunder.  I was once told that 95% of the Scepter/Camelots all came with an “upgrade”….and most if not all included the AquaHot….  

16 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

Wow….  That is a mega blunder.  I was once told that 95% of the Scepter/Camelots all came with an “upgrade”….and most if not all included the AquaHot….  

It's appearing that is exactly what's happened.

Until now, I've always thought the AH bay heater was an option the original owner passed on!

PS,,,, Here's a recent post from IRV. Wonder if I'm not the only one.

I live in Texas and it's rare we get to freezing or below. Will the aqua hot heat the bays and keep my lines and tanks from freezing? My manual says there is a bay thermostat but I can't find it. Once before in freezing weather the Aqua Hot wouldn't fire up and I froze lines and the water distribution in the wet bay. Cost a lot to replace. Any ideas? I'm in a 2007 Monaco Signature Series.

Edited by 96 EVO

1 hour ago, 96 EVO said:

It's appearing that is exactly what's happened.

Until now, I've always thought the AH bay heater was an option the original owner passed on!

PS,,,, Here's a recent post from IRV. Wonder if I'm not the only one.

I live in Texas and it's rare we get to freezing or below. Will the aqua hot heat the bays and keep my lines and tanks from freezing? My manual says there is a bay thermostat but I can't find it. Once before in freezing weather the Aqua Hot wouldn't fire up and I froze lines and the water distribution in the wet bay. Cost a lot to replace. Any ideas? I'm in a 2007 Monaco Signature Series.

Maybe?  Or not?  The Signature is supposed to have an adjustable White Rogers (?) capillary tube or bulb on the end of a metal tube..  The enclosure is slightly smaller than a surface mounted external outlet junction box.  That should be easy to spot.  Your cargo thermostat is or should dangling down.  The AH snap disk, in the manual, is screwed to the floor.